ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status during ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freedom4all
Newly Registered

Status during ILR application

Post by freedom4all » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Hello guys,

Just saw how long it was taking most ILR 10 year applications. :(

My status is student at the moment.
If I apply now under 10 year rule, what would my status be until my case is decided?
I am thinking to get PSW first (in December 2010), then apply for ILR 10 year. Do you think this a good idea.

Thanks in advance for help and advice.

geriatrix

Re: Status during ILR application

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:43 pm

freedom4all wrote:If I apply now under 10 year rule, what would my status be until my case is decided?
Student.

If you wish to work full-time while your settlement application is under process, suggest that you change to Tier 1 (PSW) first and then apply for settlement.

regards

bhayre
- thin ice -

ILR

Post by bhayre » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 pm

If you apply for ilr whilst you are a student in the Uk your status would remain the same whilst you application for ilr is under consideration. This would mean that all the condiitons that are applicable to students would remain intact until you are served with a decison.

Bal Hayre

aWilliam
Newly Registered

10 years long residence -- and psw

Post by aWilliam » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 am

I have slightly different question.

I've been student. I have applied for ILR on 10 years long residence. My application was refused, i was given right to appeal so I appealed against the decision but my appeal was dismissed. Now i appealed again as I was given right to appeal.

my questions are:

What is my status at the moment?
Can I applied PSW? I have completed MA at Kingston University on 31/07/10.

Thanks for answering.

geriatrix

Re: 10 years long residence -- and psw

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 am

aWilliam wrote:What is my status at the moment?
Student.
aWilliam wrote:Can I applied PSW?
No.

regards

aWilliam
Newly Registered

Post by aWilliam » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

thanks sushdmehta.

It is seems that my appeal for ILR is not going to succeed. I'm living with my Spanish girlfriend but we are not married. We have been together less than 2 years.

My lawyer says that I should get married, but do you think that HO will give me permission to marry?

In this case should I go to my country and get married, the problem I have is that we have a 12 year child, which is not mine. So if we go together she will lose her class. or should I go to my country and apply for PSW?

thanks.