ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon PEO - ILR Set (O) from HSMP JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dajumper

Success at Croydon PEO - ILR Set (O) from HSMP JR

Post by dajumper » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi guys

Just wanted to share the experience of my ILR application process at Croydon PEO.

Originally i was planning on sending in a postal application but due to the mostly negative comments on the forum and many people waiting for around 6 months. I did not want to take the chance and would rather pay the extra £200 to get a same day premium service.

Called up Home Office at around 3pm on Friday 19/02/10 and got an appointment for the following Friday 26/02/10 at 3pm (-20 days to end of 4 yrs on HSMP).

On the actual day (26/2/10):

2:30pm - Arrived 30mins earlier as instructed. Although not required, my partner accompanied me for the day. Went through airport style security checks. Waited 5 minutes in a queue before being seen at a counter for my application form and passports to be screened and ticket number issued. The officer only asked if i brought all my documents with me (he did not want to see them). I said yes and was then told to proceed up the stairs to Level 1 for payment.

2:45pm - Made my payment of £1,070 (myself and 1 dependent) by mastercard. Took about 5 mins as there was no one else in the queue. Was then asked to go sit in the waiting area. There were approx 80 people sat there of which 8/10 were of South Asian orgin. This does not indicate the number of applicants as there could be friends or family members accompanying.

4:00pm - Ticket number called to a counter and I was asked to produce the application form and supporting documents* i was submitting. The officer said the application would be taken to another level to be looked at/processed and for me to return to the waiting area. I asked how long i was expected to wait and he said approx 1 hour today.

5:30pm - Ticket number finally called whilst i was in the toilet :oops: (Yes, you can hear the announcements in there as well :D ) so had to rush back out. Received 2 x letter of approval, ILR stamps with today's date on both passports and all documents returned. Yay!

* Supporting Documents i chose to submit (as the officer did not specify)
- 2 passports (myself and partner)
- 2 x photos each
- 12 months of current account bank statements
- 12 months of payslips
- 4 years of tax calculations (copies which i requested from HMRC last week)
- Current offer of emplyment contract.

All in all, it took 3 hours as was expected. No complaints about the staff. Tip: bring a book or ds lite to kill the waiting time.

Thanks to everyone who have assisted in the past few weeks. Good luck to you all. Will worry about naturalisation in 12 months time.

Ciao
Last edited by dajumper on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 16 times in total.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:07 pm

well done mate...congratulations!!!

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 pm