ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon PEO-Premium service for ILR SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

giz

Success at Croydon PEO-Premium service for ILR SET(M)

Post by giz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 pm

:D Happy to announce that the wife was successful in obtaining her ILR on SET(M) today.

The basic procedure was as follows:

1. We arrived early - approx 30 mins before 11am appointment.
2. Security check - like an airport-approx 10mins
3. Basic application screening - took 10 mins. They check you have all the necessary documents - they are very keen on the life in the UK test certificate.
4. Went upstairs to pay-approx 5 mins (£1020 paid by debit card)
5 .Detailed screening- Proof of cohabitation-They like you to present documents spread evenly over the 2 years of residence. They ask for more than the six documents mentioned in the application - we took nearly every letter we had received!!! Letters jointly addressed to you are best. Make sure you take at least the last 3 months bank statements and more if possible. Have payslips to back up the bank statements.
6. We took mortgage/tenancy agreements. Marriage cert, work details, miscellaneous letters & contract of employment, but none were asked for?
7. Received passport with ILR and it took 3hr 30mins from start to finish .All UKBA staff we met were very friendly and our case worker was very polite and considerate to both of us during the process. All the offices seemed quite busy dealing with all kinds of different applications, so it could well take less/more time to process depending upon demand?
8. Finally, have all your documentation meticulously prepared and the process will go smoothly.

Thanks to this site I was well informed and prepared, the result was a successful outcome :D

Tim555

Re: Success at Croydon PEO-Premium service for ILR SET(M)

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:26 am

giz wrote::D Happy to announce that the wife was successful in obtaining her ILR on SET(M) today.

3. Basic application screening - took 10 mins. They check you have all the necessary documents - they are very keen on the life in the UK test certificate.
5 .Detailed screening- Proof of cohabitation-They like you to present documents spread evenly over the 2 years of residence. They ask for more than the six documents mentioned in the application - we took nearly every letter we had received!!! Letters jointly addressed to you are best. Make sure you take at least the last 3 months bank statements and more if possible. Have payslips to back up the bank statements.
6. We took mortgage/tenancy agreements. Marriage cert, work details, miscellaneous letters & contract of employment, but none were asked for?
7. Received passport with ILR and it took 3hr 30mins from start to finish .All UKBA staff we met were very friendly and our case worker was very polite and considerate to both of us during the process. All the offices seemed quite busy dealing with all kinds of different applications, so it could well take less/more time to process depending upon demand?
8. Finally, have all your documentation meticulously prepared and the process will go smoothly.

Thanks to this site I was well informed and prepared, the result was a successful outcome :D
Congrats :P
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Congratulations!

Did you need photocopies of all the documents? How did you arrange the documents, eg. year 1 and year 2 or 2007, 2008 2009.

Many thanks.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Success at Croydon PEO-Premium service for ILR SET(M)

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 am

giz wrote::D Happy to announce that the wife was successful in obtaining her ILR on SET(M) today.

congrats...

giz

Post by giz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm

JJ,
You don't need to photocopy anything, they copy the documents they choose to use for the application.
We arranged our documents in 3 folders, 2008, 2009 & 2010. Take plenty of proof of living together as they put great emphasis on this aspect of the application.

Good luck when the big day arrives & stay cool 8)

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 pm

as everybody should be aware each application is decided on its own merits.
When my wife was granted ILR the officer asked for no letters that showed we were cohabiting.

In her application they wanted only passport, KOL, and bank account details

giz

Post by giz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Our case worker took all our documents and picked out the ones he required.
He was pretty thorough and I suppose it also depends on the case worker you get and what kind of mood he/she is in? :D

ibrahimsyde
Newly Registered

appointment

Post by ibrahimsyde » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 pm

hello mate,
congragulations !
i wanted to take an appointment for my family of 4 for croydon, but none for the family appointments are available.
please can you advise if you have taken family appointment or for a singler person?
please let me know
thanks
ibrahim

giz

Re: appointment

Post by giz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 am

ibrahimsyde wrote:hello mate,
congragulations !
i wanted to take an appointment for my family of 4 for croydon, but none for the family appointments are available.
please can you advise if you have taken family appointment or for a singler person?
please let me know
thanks
ibrahim
It was just my wife who applied for her ILR, I accompanied her as it was a SET(M) application.
Have patience and keep trying online for an appointment slot, especially in the evenings.
Giz :)