ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sufficient Funds and Accommodation Query- ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

datuchi
BANNED

Sufficient Funds and Accommodation Query- ILR

Post by datuchi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:34 am

1) the requirement of having 105 disposable pounds per week? Is it the same requirement for those applying for ILR?

When my sister applied for her FLR(M), she didn't really work per se, only part-time. And her husband also part-time. They had some savings though, I presume that was what they took into account?

2) They live in an accommodation provided by me, free of charge and they weren't even asked to provide a letter from anyone to prove this, they simply ticked the box saying: "accom. provided by a friend or relative".

Will this be the same when applying for ILR? I am renting that accommodation myself from a landlord with whom it's more or less a friendly relationship, and we never had a tenancy agreement. Only monthly payments leaving my account. If they did ask for proof, shall I just write a confirmation letter showing money transfers? The landlord is paying bills, council tax etc. himself. Or both the landlord's letter and my letter?

My wife's husband is paying off a brand spanking new motorbike purchased on my credit card (low interest) each month by transferring money into my account and I then pay off the monthly payments.
Should they simply use that as proof of "fluctuating rent"? Although in the last couple of months I told him to pay the exact same amount each month, and I pay him the difference in cash, just to make it look he's paying that "peppercorn" rent. 180-200 quid
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.