ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority Serivce

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered

Super Priority Serivce

Post by bearbearwing212 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Also, is it possible to switch to priority if I have already applied under the standard route but haven't taken my biometrics yet?
No. Not until you withdraw your application and apply again. You can not withdraw if your current leave has expired as it will make you an overstayer.
hi Cillinan

I am also considering to switch to priority, given my current leave still valid

If I withdraw my application,
  • do I need to wait for some kind of confirmation from HO before I can re-apply
  • or can I re-apply immediately as soon as I submit my cancel/ withdraw request?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 - Set O Super Priority Serivce

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:32 pm

You can re-apply as soon you withdraw previous application. Take a screen shot of the final page as a proof.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ScLegend
Newly Registered

Post by ScLegend » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Quick question Culliana, if I actually submit the new application before the withdraw... what will happen? I withdraw and re-submit in the same day but I think I submit first and then withdraw...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:46 pm

ScLegend wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm
Quick question Culliana, if I actually submit the new application before the withdraw... what will happen? I withdraw and re-submit in the same day but I think I submit first and then withdraw...
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ScLegend
Newly Registered

Post by ScLegend » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks very much. From this guidance, even if I do not withdraw, the second will be considered as a vary to the first one just the refund will come quite late?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:50 pm

ScLegend wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:49 pm
Thanks very much. From this guidance, even if I do not withdraw, the second will be considered as a vary to the first one just the refund will come quite late?
Yes. But better to withdraw on your own first and reapply.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered

Post by bearbearwing212 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:32 pm
You can re-apply as soon you withdraw previous application. Take a screen shot of the final page as a proof.
hi Cullinan

thanks that is very helpful because I am also considering switching in case the priority services will be extended to Set (LR), which normal services is 130 days wait. [BTW, do you hear anything about that? some group said it is extend to LR too. but didn't see it on the official HO site]

So I just need to follow step below?
  • take screen shot before closing the browser
  • do a new application and submit under super priority
Thanks a lot for your help

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Super Priority Serivce

Post by poper » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:06 am

Beware of the below point:
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

If you were told to attend an appointment
You can cancel your application online and your fee will be refunded if you have not yet given your fingerprints and photo.

If you used the smartphone app
You can cancel your application online. Your fee will be refunded if you have not yet uploaded your documents.

If you have attended your biometrics at UKVCAS or uploaded documents through IDV app, you will not get a refund. Thats £2400 down the drain
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered

Post by bearbearwing212 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:39 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:06 am
Beware of the below point:
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

If you were told to attend an appointment
You can cancel your application online and your fee will be refunded if you have not yet given your fingerprints and photo.

If you used the smartphone app
You can cancel your application online. Your fee will be refunded if you have not yet uploaded your documents.

If you have attended your biometrics at UKVCAS or uploaded documents through IDV app, you will not get a refund. Thats £2400 down the drain
Thanks for your reminder. I have personal circumstance that I really need to travel as soon as possible. So unfortunately I will need to do whatever it take

Btw, any thought on whether HO will extend the priority services to long residence. I have to say it is quite frustrating that they resume it for route that already didn’t take that long to approve

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:41 pm

No one can really answer that unless we have some magic powers.

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered

Post by bearbearwing212 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:41 pm
No one can really answer that unless we have some magic powers.
I know. Waiting is terrible part

Just to confirm... below is summary on the switching procedure. Please kindly confirm. If there is any other thing I need to be aware, please do let me know..thanks

1)Submit withdraw request through online form (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml)
2)take screen shot before closing the browser
3) do a new application and submit under super priority

Whether I will get refund based on which stage I am at

Thanks a lot for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 pm

You also need to remember that super priority is not a guaranteed service. There are 100s of posts on the forum where members paid for the service and their applications still took long for various reasons.

Reintroducing the service to only certain categories, also likely means there is a daily cap of applicants who can get ther service, to avoid overwhelming the system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

camil
Newly Registered

Post by camil » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:32 pm
i instructed my solicitor to withdraw the application and reapply asap, she told me that we need to give 24 hrs to the system to clear the status of the original application, she then will proceed with the new application... i don't know...

camil
Newly Registered

Post by camil » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 pm
You also need to remember that super priority is not a guaranteed service. There are 100s of posts on the forum where members paid for the service and their applications still took long for various reasons.

Reintroducing the service to only certain categories, also likely means there is a daily cap of applicants who can get ther service, to avoid overwhelming the system.
absolutely, very good point, thanks...also another point to consider, booking a biometric appointment highly likely will take more time

bearbearwing212
Newly Registered

Post by bearbearwing212 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 pm

What is the super priority procedure likely to be?

Because I remember when I did my previous visa using priority.
1) My solicitor wil submit my application
2) book a date (highly dependent on availability)
3) go to the centre (Croydon for me usually )
4) wait for decision , which usually take less than 3 business day

Will it be similar for ilr?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:56 pm