ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

butchikMD wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am
Hi. Has anyone got BRP approved/issued yet for those who completed the application through IDV app 1st week of September?

I filed my application 14th April and managed to do the IDV app 3rd September as soon as I got the invite. I can see from this thread that a lot of approvals/issuance were are already done for those who did the IDV app in August.
Many from August are still waiting.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toxic
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 am
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Toxic » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

butchikMD wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am
Hi. Has anyone got BRP approved/issued yet for those who completed the application through IDV app 1st week of September?

I filed my application 14th April and managed to do the IDV app 3rd September as soon as I got the invite. I can see from this thread that a lot of approvals/issuance were are already done for those who did the IDV app in August.
I have similar timeframes.
14th april submission of application
28th august idv app submission

still waiting

Jsinn
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Jsinn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am

HI Guys, I have seen on timeline form, people saying uploaded documents to UKVI.
How to upload documents to UKVI?

Just curious to know incase I have missed anything.

As per my understanding, once we upload the documents to UKVCAS then we need to wait for appointment or use IDV then document submitted to UKVI. Correct me if i am wrong?

I have got email to use app or book appointment. I have booked appointment for Wednesday. Can I use both app and appointment?

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am

Jsinn wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am
HI Guys, I have seen on timeline form, people saying uploaded documents to UKVI.
How to upload documents to UKVI?

Just curious to know incase I have missed anything.

As per my understanding, once we upload the documents to UKVCAS then we need to wait for appointment or use IDV then document submitted to UKVI. Correct me if i am wrong?

I have got email to use app or book appointment. I have booked appointment for Wednesday. Can I use both app and appointment?
You can submit documents to UKVI via “document upload” page even before biometrics.

Stick with appointment only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

srp27
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by srp27 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am

Hi

I submitted my application on 17 August, biometrics on the IDV app on 6 September and booked a free appointment at UKVCAS for tomorrow.

A few queries:
Will there be any benefit in me attending the appointment tomorrow in person or I should I cancel?

Is it OK if the appointment confirmation is soft copy or does it need to be printed?

I have uploaded all my documents already on the IDV app - do I need to take originals to the appointment with me?

Thanks

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 am

srp27 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi

I submitted my application on 17 August, biometrics on the IDV app on 6 September and booked a free appointment at UKVCAS for tomorrow.

A few queries:
Will there be any benefit in me attending the appointment tomorrow in person or I should I cancel?

Is it OK if the appointment confirmation is soft copy or does it need to be printed?

I have uploaded all my documents already on the IDV app - do I need to take originals to the appointment with me?

Thanks
1) You can test your luck. Might be beneficial.
2) Print better but soft copy will do.
3) To be on the safe side carry all originals.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Ameline » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 am

Jsinn wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am
HI Guys, I have seen on timeline form, people saying uploaded documents to UKVI.
How to upload documents to UKVI?

Just curious to know incase I have missed anything.

As per my understanding, once we upload the documents to UKVCAS then we need to wait for appointment or use IDV then document submitted to UKVI. Correct me if i am wrong?

I have got email to use app or book appointment. I have booked appointment for Wednesday. Can I use both app and appointment?
You can send the documents to UKVI prior to your appointment by uploading them to UKVCAS and hitting submit.
If your appointment on Wednesday is at a core centre they will just take your bios and submit your documents. If your appointment is at an enhanced centre the scanning service is included and they can do this for you.

However it is recommended to upload and submit documents prior to the appointment since you have the option to do so and for your appointment to be as quick as possible and avoid delays.

Re IDV: Moderators have been advised to go only for in-person appointment and avoid doing IDV just before this as it does not make any sense.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am
Jsinn wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am
HI Guys, I have seen on timeline form, people saying uploaded documents to UKVI.
How to upload documents to UKVI?

Just curious to know incase I have missed anything.

As per my understanding, once we upload the documents to UKVCAS then we need to wait for appointment or use IDV then document submitted to UKVI. Correct me if i am wrong?

I have got email to use app or book appointment. I have booked appointment for Wednesday. Can I use both app and appointment?
You can submit documents to UKVI via “document upload” page even before biometrics.

Stick with appointment only.
Upload all your documents first. Sign out and sign in again. You should view a “submit” button at the end of the document upload page on UKVCAS.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

31082020
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 am
Nigeria

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by 31082020 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am

gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 am
gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for ILR through long term residency on 2nd of September. However, I could not book any appointments on the UKVCAS website then, as they said UKVI will be deciding if I'm able to use the IDV app or should book an appointment. On Saturday UKVCAS updated their site, saying anyone who applied before 12th September should have received an email to either use the app or book their appointment, but I haven't received any emails (checked spam, junk, deleted folders)...

Anyone having the same issue? I've been on waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours and still waiting...
DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Thanks, I just did. Do they usually respond quickly?
Please can you update us with their response once they get back to you. I am in the same situation.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am

Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:18 pm
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Fz420 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:12 am
Guys, I need your advice:

I applied for my ILR as a Set (0) Tier 2 5 year applicant on 27/7. Submitted my biometrics on 9/09. Never used the app.
So I heard nothing since 09/09. Getting a little worried.. Is there any way I can contact the HO to get any kind of update? When would it be appropriate to ask my local MP for help?

thank you
I m also worried about it..I did not use app ..submitted my boimentric on 8th sep ...DM on Twitter..they said unable to answe .....no idea what's going on ?

User avatar
VikasMandal
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
If anything like that happens (i hope not) then atleast there is an option like IDV to process the applications and it won’t be a complete blocker creating backlogs the way it was in Mar/Apr/May

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
If anything like that happens (i hope not) then atleast there is an option like IDV to process the applications and it won’t be a complete blocker creating backlogs the way it was in Mar/Apr/May
Yes. But not everyone is eligible for IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gabidzas
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gabidzas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:42 am

new update from UKVCAS:

Following the changes to our service caused by Covid-19, we are planning to return to our normal ways of working soon. This will mean that customers will be able to book an appointment as soon as they register with UKVI/UKVCAS.

We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We will let you know when this is completed and will confirm the date as soon as we can.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

User avatar
VikasMandal
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
If anything like that happens (i hope not) then atleast there is an option like IDV to process the applications and it won’t be a complete blocker creating backlogs the way it was in Mar/Apr/May
Yes. But not everyone is eligible for IDV app.
Yes, but there is an app that is developed and running unlike before. I was also one in that race of uncertainty in that difficult time 😀
And I would appreciate people like You, CR001 and Zimba giving their expert and perfect views/suggestions around this topic 🙌🏻
Special shoutout to you and your knowledge around this being commendable 🙏🏻 World needs more gem like you to help people during these times. Thanks a lot, God bless

Cristina88
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 am
Mood:
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
Oh dear! Its alarming.. imagine we are just waiting for our visa/ILR but if second wave comes it could take lots of Lives :-(
When UKVCAS said ‘getting back to normal on 21-Sep but testing with UKVI’ I thought of waiting in hope for super priority or quicker appointments. Now beginning to think, with this surge in covid maybe I submit tonight/tomorrow & get in the queue & keep fingers crossed. What do you think @Cullinan - thatS sensible thing to do right?

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am

If UKVCAS received your application on or after 12 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page over the next few days to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you @VikasMandal for your kind words. God Bless.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 am

Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am
Delayed return to our pre-COVID service
Following the changes to our service caused by Covid-19, we are planning to return to our normal ways of working soon. This will mean that customers will be able to book an appointment as soon as they register with UKVI/UKVCAS.

We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We will let you know when this is completed and will confirm the date as soon as we can.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 am
Mood:
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 am
Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am
Delayed return to our pre-COVID service
Following the changes to our service caused by Covid-19, we are planning to return to our normal ways of working soon. This will mean that customers will be able to book an appointment as soon as they register with UKVI/UKVCAS.

We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We will let you know when this is completed and will confirm the date as soon as we can.
Ya just saw this update at UKVCAS with date stamp of 21 Sep (previous update was 18 Sep). They said delayed return to pre covid service. Still confused whether to wait more or pull the trigger. In any case, doesnt look like super prio is coming back soon. Has anyone submitted after 12 Sep able to book appointment yet or is it too early ?

Thanks a lot Cullinan , you sure must be getting millions of thanks & well wishes every day :)

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Cristina88
Still confused whether to wait more or pull the trigger.
TBH majority Tier 2 applications are processed very quick even on standard route. Choice is completely yours. But I doubt super-priority will resume anytime soon. Most probably biometrics will be opened up in phases with date cut offs in place. And your welcome :lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kittycatkeeb
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 pm
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:24 pm

chace0018 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm
chace0018 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm
@kittycatkeeb



This topic is not the right place to discuss your unnecessary worries when you only applied in August. Every case is different and you just can not expect getting a quick decision like everyone.
I think it is entirely reasonable for August applicants to express concerns when you see september applicants are getting their approvals. And most people's cases are a lot more straightforward than you think, so some consistency in processing timelines is not a lot to ask
Thanks :D Btw our timelines are very similar + same ILR so will be following your responses closely!
I actually just received my approval haha, good luck with yours!
Sorry this is ages late (was moving house!) but congrats!

kittycatkeeb
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 pm
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
This is a really good piece of advice. Fingers crossed we won't have to do a lockdown but best to plan for the strictest option :(

PS sorry for being stressed and argumentatie last week @CULLINAN I know you're trying to help and manage expectations. As mentioned above, had a house move happening (and there's some other incredibly stressful things happening in my life). But having this forum to keep up to date and see others going through the same has been very important for me, and I appreciate everyone on here :oops:

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11112
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:49 pm

@Kittycatkeeb

No problem. I hope it all went well and you get a quick decision. Hang in there. You shall soon succeed. Lets move on a positive note. 🙏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 am
Mood:
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:22 pm
Cristina88
Still confused whether to wait more or pull the trigger.
TBH majority Tier 2 applications are processed very quick even on standard route. Choice is completely yours. But I doubt super-priority will resume anytime soon. Most probably biometrics will be opened up in phases with date cut offs in place. And your welcome :lol:
Thats a very good point. As appointments open in phased manner, like previous bunch includes upto 11 Sep. It is quite likely that next date cutoff is 21 Sep - given they ambitiously gave this date 21 Sep. So if I am thinking of applying today or tomorrow, I better to apply today! In your expertise what dates application could be in next phase?

Post Reply
cron