ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 General and then ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ThomasNa
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 General and then ILR

Post by ThomasNa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a visa tier 1 Entrepreneur which will expire in about 10 months. I am thinking of switching to tier 2 General. I have read many topics on this forum and understand that I can combine my 2 type of visas towards the 5 years continuous to qualify for ILR.

My question is: The minimum salary for tier 2 to qualify for ILR is £35,000 per annum. Let's say I am under visa tier 1 for the first 3 years, and the rest 2 years under tier 2 (with a salary of minimum £35,000pa). For my first 3 years under tier 1, does my company needs to make a profit of at least £35,000pa as well? Or the minimum salary only applies to my 2 years under tier 2? What if my company made less than £35,000pa in those 3 years?

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 General and then ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:30 pm

From 6 th April, for ILR you need £35,800pa or what is stated in your SOC for tier 2, whichever is higher.

It does not apply to tier 1. It is only relevant to tier 2 and must be met at the time of applying for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.