ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The reasonable period between passing the life in the UK ...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

betty30
Newly Registered

The reasonable period between passing the life in the UK ...

Post by betty30 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello,

What is the resonable period between passing the life in the UK test and applying for ILR ?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Betty

Pierrot95

Re: The reasonable period between passing the life in the UK

Post by Pierrot95 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:38 pm

betty30 wrote:Hello,

What is the resonable period between passing the life in the UK test and applying for ILR ?

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Betty
The requirement is a minimum of 2 days in applying in person.

betty30
Newly Registered

The reasonable period to apply for ILR?and...

Post by betty30 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:07 am

Thank you very much for your reply

1:I would like to know what is the resonable period to apply for ILR is there any limited period?

2: Do we need any certificate of language in the UK before passing the life in the UK test ?

Thanks

Regards,

Betty

Pierrot95

Re: The reasonable period to apply for ILR?and...

Post by Pierrot95 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

betty30 wrote:1:I would like to know what is the resonable period to apply for ILR is there any limited period?
No limited period. You can take the test any time you want and there is no expiry date.
betty30 wrote:2: Do we need any certificate of language in the UK before passing the life in the UK test ?
No.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

The reason why i keep asking same question is that because some people keep confusing my mind ,

1:I asked one professional advisor about when can i apply for my Ilr and i said to him that i arrived in the UK on april 2009 and my visa will expire on july 2011 what is the limited period to apply and he said it will be the 14 th March and after that i cannot apply and other people said that i can still apply for ILR until my expire visa that mean still i can apply in april or may or june 2011 ?
Thats why i get confused

2:also he said that i have to pass the test 7 days before appling for ILR and that after 7 days of passing the test i cannot apply using it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:18 pm

1. You may apply for settlement (ILR) no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of you entry in the UK on a spouse visa .... and no later than the expiry date of the current visa. Apply any day in between, if you meet the requirements.

2. In case for any reason you do not meet the requirements for settlement (e.g. - not passing Life in the UK test), apply for leave to remain (extension) before the expiry of current leave.

3. You need book Life in the UK test at least 7 days in advance. You may apply for settlement after at least 2 days of passing the exam.

regards

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply,

I arrived to the UK on 10 th april 2009 and my visa will expire on july 2011 , what date should i apply for Ilr could you please write to me the dates because i confuse , Thanks a lot

Sincerly

Betty

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 pm

The answer has already been provided (by two members) in your previous post.

regards