ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Ent) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 (Ent) to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 pm
Thanks Tier 11417.
It has similar details on page 3. First 2 are generated by my accountant and addressing to me. I have looked at my last years CT600. However, this new one from 2018 has header on every page stating "Generated by firm ABC and date".
I assume it is due to being paperless with HMRC?
It is best if you can take a picture and attach it here so members can advise you better. Make sure to blur out all your company/personal details though
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 pm
Meesha wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm
I know it has been discussed many times but i wish to double check my file before uploading it to be sure i have included everything:
1. My past and present passport's scans
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test
5. CAR
6. Last whole year's Business bank statements (not required for the whole year, the guidance says “a” bank statement or bank letter)
7. Bank letter confirming i am signatory
8. CT41G and current CT600 (2018)
9. Settled worker 1's passport and cv (CV not required)
10.Settled worker 2's passport and cv (CV not required)
11. Both workers payslips
12. FPSs
13. P30s, P45s, Employer summary (Optional though) optional yes
14. Personal bank statements (optional also)
15. Few documents to support genuine entrepreneur test (optional)

I know you do NOT have to prove english for ILR if you already have proved points but somehow the online form does not provide any option to uncheck it so it asks for the evidence. So to be on the safe side you may consider to submit that also

Please let me know if i missed anything.
Many thanks in advance
cheers
Dear Tier 11417 ... you’re a great help. Do we need to maintain 90 days funds for ILR application if not then there’s no point of sending personal statements.

Also I haven’t seen online form yet, is it similar to the former print form?

Thanks again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:57 am

bajo85 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am
tier11417 wrote:
Meesha wrote:
I know it has been discussed many times but i wish to double check my file before uploading it to be sure i have included everything:
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test
5. CAR
6. Last whole year's Business bank statements (not required for the whole year, the guidance says “a” bank statement or bank letter)
12. FPSs

I know you do NOT have to prove english for ILR if you already have proved points but somehow the online form does not provide any option to uncheck it so it asks for the evidence. So to be on the safe side you may consider to submit that also

Many thanks in advance
cheers
Dear Tier 11417 ... you’re a great help. Do we need to maintain 90 days funds for ILR application if not then there’s no point of sending personal statements.

Thanks again
Moderators dont like tagging your question onto somone else’s thread so you better start a new topic of your own for future questions as this thread belongs to Meesha.

No maintenance funds neeeded for ILR so no requirement for personal statements. It is optional.
The online form is very easy and quick to fill as it adapts to your situation and only asks you relevant questions. The old paper form had a lot more unnecessary questions.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Thank you I’ll follow the rules

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi all,
My friend who is will solicitor (nothing to do with immigration though) argued its 28 working days before one can apply for ILR? i don't think so? i believe its 28 days, lets say someone has expiry of 28th december, earliest he can apply is 1st december?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 pm

@bajo85, Personal statements are not required document. I believe it can be useful as it will help your claim that u can maintain urself without looking for public funds.
And u can run mock application, however it is pretty easy and straight forward and will take u to declaration in 10 minutes.

bajo85 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am
tier11417 wrote:
Meesha wrote:
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test
5. CAR
12. FPSs

Many thanks in advance
cheers

Thanks again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Meesha wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm
Hi all,
My friend who is will solicitor (nothing to do with immigration though) argued its 28 working days before one can apply for ILR? i don't think so? i believe its 28 days, lets say someone has expiry of 28th december, earliest he can apply is 1st december?
“When you can apply
Do not apply any sooner than 28 days before you complete your qualifying period”

It clearly says 28 “days”

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 am

Hi forum members?
Is CT41G being issued by HMRC only once at the start of new business?
So mine have dated back to 2013?
Is this also acceptable as a proof of corporation tax?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 am

Meesha wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 am
Hi forum members?
Is CT41G being issued by HMRC only once at the start of new business?
So mine have dated back to 2013?
Is this also acceptable as a proof of corporation tax?

Thanks
Yes its issued at the start when you register your company as CT. Yes its accepted.
Ideally send CT41G and CT600 both but it has been advised that either one can satisfy the requirement.

Are you applying any soon?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi,
Yes planned to do it last week but could not do so due to personal reasons which still persist. I will do it coming week end though i guess i will not be able to get appointment before Christmas.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Meesha wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm
Hi,
Yes planned to do it last week but could not do so due to personal reasons which still persist. I will do it coming week end though i guess i will not be able to get appointment before Christmas.
We both would almost have the same timelines then. Goodluck

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes, and it makes you panic more as time to apply get closer and reading guidelines again and again brings unnecessary frustration. I always doubt on CW's abilities to judge application appropriately so i will also stick to word by word info of guidelines. I think its tick the box mechanism to approve application.
keep posted about ur updates.
Have u already downloaded ur FPSs? What are the start and end dates on it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Meesha wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 pm
Yes, and it makes you panic more as time to apply get closer and reading guidelines again and again brings unnecessary frustration. I always doubt on CW's abilities to judge application appropriately so i will also stick to word by word info of guidelines. I think its tick the box mechanism to approve application.
keep posted about ur updates.
Have u already downloaded ur FPSs? What are the start and end dates on it?
While going through the forum in the past, I have gone through your older posts and I can see you struggled a lot through all the documents preparation at your extension stage. Im sure you will do the same now. Goodluck

I get FPS monthly at the end of the month when my accountant sends me. My FPS only gives the particular “month”. For example Full Payment Submission Nov 2018 etc.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 am

Hi forum members,
I am working on my application and i am not able to add anything in additional info section. It gives an error stating "your answer cannot have non-English or special characters".
I am not using any special characters though need to use some health and disease related stuff depending on nature of my work.
What to do with it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:22 am

Meesha wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 am
Hi forum members,
I am working on my application and i am not able to add anything in additional info section. It gives an error stating "your answer cannot have non-English or special characters".
I am not using any special characters though need to use some health and disease related stuff depending on nature of my work.
What to do with it?
I have not tried to add anything there so cant really comment. Try signing out again and signing in. It should ideally work but if not you can add that onto a cover letter.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 am

New system is pretty straight forward.
Once application submitted, you are given >2 Months to make appointment with Sopra Steria. Only standard or VIP is available for Tier1 Ent. VIP is just asking them to come over to your desired place for biometrics etc. It does not expedite decision time though.
You can get same day appointment by paying £100. Saturday is also available with £100.
Free appointment comes up within 10 days too.
Document check is £35.
File uploading is very quick, if files are under 6MB and organised, it can be done in less than 10 min. However it does not upload anything even exact 6MB so file size must be below 6MB.
There are categories to upload ur files to. Like business proof, travel history etc. So uploading in relevant sections is recommended.
You can upload documents anytime before going for appointment or/and Sopra can do it for you too.
Hoping for the best now :) :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Meesha wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 am
New system is pretty straight forward.
Once application submitted, you are given >2 Months to make appointment with Sopra Steria. Only standard or VIP is available for Tier1 Ent. VIP is just asking them to come over to your desired place for biometrics etc. It does not expedite decision time though.
You can get same day appointment by paying £100. Saturday is also available with £100.
Free appointment comes up within 10 days too.
Document check is £35.
File uploading is very quick, if files are under 6MB and organised, it can be done in less than 10 min. However it does not upload anything even exact 6MB so file size must be below 6MB.
There are categories to upload ur files to. Like business proof, travel history etc. So uploading in relevant sections is recommended.
You can upload documents anytime before going for appointment or/and Sopra can do it for you too.
Hoping for the best now :) :)
Thanks for the update. Goodluck for a speedy successful decision!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Does it allow to upload multiple files in one category? For example if we have to upload 5-6 passports does it allow to upload in the same category as long each file is less than 6MB?

Also, once all the documents are uploaded before the appointment do we have to take hard copies to the centre?
I am assuming only the original passports, brp and original documents will be enough?
or do we have to take hard copies for even the non-original documents?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Yes it allows you to upload as many files as you want in any single category. My single FPS pdf file with 12 FPSs was 6mb and then i uploaded 12 singles, same for wage slips (24 files); so almost 50 files in one category as it has only business category, not job creation separately.
I dont have hard copies for many documents so i wont take it in paper formate. I think they want to see if scan quality is good, so software generated files should be good quality already.I will update after attending Sopra.
And u can make appointment by 3rd week of January so u can upload January FPS too instead of sending it later.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Meesha wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:18 pm
Yes it allows you to upload as many files as you want in any single category. My single FPS pdf file with 12 FPSs was 6mb and then i uploaded 12 singles, same for wage slips (24 files); so almost 50 files in one category as it has only business category, not job creation separately.
I dont have hard copies for many documents so i wont take it in paper formate. I think they want to see if scan quality is good, so software generated files should be good quality already.I will update after attending Sopra.
And u can make appointment by 3rd week of January so u can upload January FPS too instead of sending it later.
Thank you for the update. I also think hard copies for evidence is not required if already scanned and uploaded. But still make sure you carry at least the original ones like original degree, life in UK etc. Passport and BRP definitely (although some members have reported they only check the passport and dont check any other hard copy evidence)
I wont send Jan 2019 FPS.
I think I qualify 12 months Jan - Dec 2018 so wont need that. I dont want to waste another 3 weeks for that.

When is your sopra appt?
Let us all know how it goes.
Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm

I think you will go first to Sopra. Mine is on 7th Jan.
Cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Meesha wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm
I think you will go first to Sopra. Mine is on 7th Jan.
Cheers
I will update if I go earlier.
Also, as you mentioned about VIP service and other members also.
I also thought its only for collecting the biometrics at your place.
But apparently its something else probably the priority version cz £10,000 for just collecting biometrics does not make sense ot add up right?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello Meesha,

Please can you confirm what were the different “categories” to upload documents so I can arrange my docs accordingly?

Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

First is mandatory doc: it requires u to upload current passport and signed consent form.
Then are following
2. other (i attached here some extra stuff like my cv, future plans etc )
3. Residence in UK (I uploaded BRP here)
4. Finances (I provided maintenance funds though not required)
5. Proof of Business ( I uploaded here Business and job related docs)
6. Live events
7.Medical info
8. Sponsors/employment
9. Proof of identity or travel history (I uploaded here old passports)
10. Educational (My degree)
I was confused myself at start as checklist says only other documents which makes it look like as we have to upload all doc in " other" category.
What u think? Have i done right? However if u suggest something better, i still can move documents around.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:05 pm

And i will never spend £10000 or any amount on VIP until i need to travel urgently or if i believe i can earn that much by getting visa quickly. Getting visa approved so quickly can be good for peace of mind but not at this cost. Rest is personal choice!