ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Ent) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

Tier 1 (Ent) to ILR

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am

Dear Forum members,

Can you please help me with the following:

1. For tax document, I went paperless with HMRC so never got CT600 and CT603 through mail. Can you suggest a way to retrieve it? Can agent's copies for these documents be acceptable for Home Office?

2. I have an impression from guidelines that we need to send only FPS though for my extension i sent employers summaries, P60 and P11s and P45s too. Do we need to attach pension documents too?

3. Do we need to send business insurance documents? Will HO check for it? Is it compulsory? I dont have it since my employees have left? Should i get it again before applying for ILR? I work in NHS premises and am covered by their insurance policy.

Many Thanks in advance

P.S @CR001. Sorry i could not find my last thread to post it there. I think that was in Tier1 Ent but this query is for ILR but you can merge it with previous posts as i don't know how to do it.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 (Ent) to ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:41 pm

1. For tax document, I went paperless with HMRC so never got CT600 and CT603 through mail. Can you suggest a way to retrieve it? Can agent's copies for these documents be acceptable for Home Office?
CT600 is YOUR Corporation tax return, produced by your accountant :!: :!: That is what you need
2. I have an impression from guidelines that we need to send only FPS though for my extension i sent employers summaries, P60 and P11s and P45s too. Do we need to attach pension documents too?
The evidentiary requirement for extension and ILR with respect to job creation is the same
3. Do we need to send business insurance documents? Will HO check for it? Is it compulsory? I dont have it since my employees have left? Should i get it again before applying for ILR? I work in NHS premises and am covered by their insurance policy.
There is NO requirement to send insurance documents. You are required by the law to have employer liability insurance when hiring employees. This has nothing to do with Tier 1E rules. Also, are you an NHS contractor ??? Do you know that you cannot work in capacity of an employee under Tier 1E rules ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks Zimba for kind help.

Yes i work at NHS premises. I conduct research for my company there. I don't get any payment from them. Do you think it will be a problem.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:14 pm

As long as you do not work as a contractor then you should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:31 pm

What is the exact meaning of contractor? Is it associated with payments etc?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Meesha wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:48 pm
Thanks Zimba for kind help.

Yes i work at NHS premises. I conduct research for my company there. I don't get any payment from them. Do you think it will be a problem.
Were you doing the same kind of work at your extension stage? If yes, your extension was approved so I think you are doing it right even for ILR. Or have you changed something since then?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi,
I have not changed anything. It still is the same kind of work. Can someone please provide me with the relevant links of guidelines in case i am missing something.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 pm

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 pm

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing the links.

How do i get confirmation statement for company and web filling history? I did get CAR from webchecker for free; I think it is acceptable?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Zimba,
I dont see any change in contract terms since last grant of extension leave. Am i right? Which means if my work was acceptable at the time of extension, it should be fine this time too?
Do i need to mention about my kids as they were dependent at my extension time tough i had withdrawn their application before my extension got approved but HO sent their dependent BRPs with mine too that i returned as they already got British passports before that.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi Zimba,

Do they have these noted in guidelines? (link please?)

1. Are YOU personally responsible for the work ?

yes. i am
2- Is the contract between YOU and the client rather than your company and the client ?
I have no client. But rented a place to work.

3. Does the client care about your immigration status ?
Yes. Administration checked first if i could work for my company.

4. Can you send some other expert/consultant/employee from your business to do the job in your place or the contract demands YOU to be there ?
It demands me to be there though i can have assistant.
5. Does the contract control and mange your time, place of work, time off etc ?
No. I can work from home too.
6. Are your duties pretty much very similar to the duties of an employee of such company/client ?
Yes
7- Is your position simply a vacancy that normally an employee is expected to fill ?
Yes but the employee will be paid, i am not.

How do u see it ZImba?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Do i need to mention about my kids as they were dependent at my extension time tough i had withdrawn their application before my extension got approved but HO sent their dependent BRPs with mine too that i returned as they already got British passports before that.
No

I am not sure what you are doing. The terms of your contract are important to know. The logic is that if your duties pretty much very similar to the duties of an employee but you are paid as a contractor, you are working in capacity of an employee which is not allowed under Tier 1E rules. The Tier 1E guide is quite clear on this

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:15 pm

[quote=Meesha post_id=1710924 time=1543495293 user_id=99930]
Thanks a lot for sharing the links.

How do i get confirmation statement for company and web filling history? I did get CAR from webchecker for free; I think it is acceptable?
[/quote
The CAR that you obtained from WebCheck is the required document. It proves ur past and current appointment history and the companys filing history (better to print as near to your application date as possible).

As Zimba said, check whatever you have in writing(contract).The statements on whatever sort of relationship you have with NHS should clarify ur position. Having said that if you were granted extension earlier on the same relationship, fingers crossed, you should manage again. I don't think case workers over look such things which can give them even a slight reason to reject you. If you are renting the place do you pay rent and hold a tenancy agreement? Or do you conduct research for the NHS in lieu of the rent?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:47 pm

From where i get company filing history?
I got confirmation statement and incorporation certificates from web checker by paying £1 for each.
You are right, there are no exceptions for over looking minor reasons to refuse visa. But i have no choice now and will go ahead with the application as it is now though i am very stressed.
Thanks for ur response

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Filing history for company: Is not it the last page of current appointment report? or is it some other document?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Meesha wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:47 pm
From where i get company filing history?
I got confirmation statement and incorporation certificates from web checker by paying £1 for each.
You are right, there are no exceptions for over looking minor reasons to refuse visa. But i have no choice now and will go ahead with the application as it is now though i am very stressed.
Thanks for ur response
Confirmation statement or incorporation certificate is NOT required.
You need a Current Appointment Report (CAR). Filling history page is a part of CAR. You can get it for free or pay £3 to get it. I suppose the free copy of CAR from Webcheck is fine also.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 pm

I was going through this forum following a discussion in the past where members were arguing if the “free” CAR is accepted also OR should get a “paid” CAR from companies house. Moderators have advised that free CAR is acceptable.

However, I was going through the guidance:

Current appointment report/filing history page from Companies House
A6. You must obtain the report/filing history from Companies House, for a fee, and send it with your application. These documents show when you became a director of a company. This will be the same document for a new business as for those becoming directors of an existing business. For more information on registration with Companies House, please see the Companies House section of GOV.UK

It clearly says “for a fee” so I think we should onlu get a paid CAR to meet the requirement NOT the free CAR

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

I know it has been discussed many times but i wish to double check my file before uploading it to be sure i have included everything:
1. My past and present passport's scans
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test
5. CAR
6. Last whole year's Business bank statements
7. Bank letter confirming i am signatory
8. CT41G and current CT600 (2018)
9. Settled worker 1's passport and cv
10.Settled worker 2's passport and cv
11. Both workers payslips
12. FPSs
13. P30s, P45s, Employer summary (Optional though)
14. Personal bank statements
15. Few documents to support genuine entrepreneur test

Please let me know if i missed anything.
Many thanks in advance
cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Meesha wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm
I know it has been discussed many times but i wish to double check my file before uploading it to be sure i have included everything:
1. My past and present passport's scans
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test
5. CAR
6. Last whole year's Business bank statements (not required for the whole year, the guidance says “a” bank statement or bank letter)
7. Bank letter confirming i am signatory
8. CT41G and current CT600 (2018)
9. Settled worker 1's passport and cv (CV not required)
10.Settled worker 2's passport and cv (CV not required)
11. Both workers payslips
12. FPSs
13. P30s, P45s, Employer summary (Optional though) optional yes
14. Personal bank statements (optional also)
15. Few documents to support genuine entrepreneur test (optional)

I know you do NOT have to prove english for ILR if you already have proved points but somehow the online form does not provide any option to uncheck it so it asks for the evidence. So to be on the safe side you may consider to submit that also

Please let me know if i missed anything.
Many thanks in advance
cheers

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:18 pm

I am wondering if i have right CT600 to send as a proof of corporation tax. The one i am intending to send has front page generated by accountant stating he is preparing these accounts on my behalf for the company and i am sole responsible for the contents etc....
Then on every page header it states prepared by "Accountant's firm name" and date.
Its not HMRC addressing to my company.
Is this the right one?
Cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:18 pm
I am wondering if i have right CT600 to send as a proof of corporation tax. The one i am intending to send has front page generated by accountant stating he is preparing these accounts on my behalf for the company and i am sole responsible for the contents etc....
Then on every page header it states prepared by "Accountant's firm name" and date.
Its not HMRC addressing to my company.
Is this the right one?
Cheers
CT600 has

“HM Revenue and Customs” printed on the top left of the first page.

&

“Company Tax Return CT600 (2017) Version 3
for accounting periods starting on or after 1 April 2015” on the top right hand side of the first page

I am looking at my old one so dont bother with the dates just to show how it looks and it has around 13 pages with “declaration” at the last page.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 pm

This is a google image but it should look like this
Attachments
AF464DF0-D530-4C96-A12B-21FC5AFAD389.gif
AF464DF0-D530-4C96-A12B-21FC5AFAD389.gif (40.08 KiB) Viewed 2535 times

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks Tier 11417.
It has similar details on page 3. First 2 are generated by my accountant and addressing to me. I have looked at my last years CT600. However, this new one from 2018 has header on every page stating "Generated by firm ABC and date".
I assume it is due to being paperless with HMRC?
Should i delete first 2 pages generated by accountant? But how could remove headers too?
Or should i attach it with the application as it is?
Last edited by Meesha on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.