ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general ILR application after tax ammendment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzanaseer79

Re: Tier 1 general ILR application after tax ammendment

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:46 pm

richtich wrote:Hi mirzanaseer79
thanks for sharing your case ?

did you send the tax amendment proof with your application ?
do you know any similar case where they get ILR after tax amendment and by not updating SA302
Thanks
Hi Richtich,

No I did not send any additional documents after receiving the letters from HMRC.
Have you come across anyone who done this with success?
Have anyone not send the update and was lucky enough?

Regards
Naseeer

mubasher

Post by mubasher » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Hello all.
Got ILR refused 2 weeks ago after receiving AR decision and our tax return has been updated for 2010-2011 now last week as well.so now thinking to do a fresh application with new tax calculations and proof of tax paid.i paid 9000£ tax as well .waiitng from hmrc to send me a email confirmation than going to apply.any way this is for my younger brother case.any one who got got news of fresh application accepted with new amended tax records. Plz share.thanks

mirzanaseer79

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 am

mubasher wrote:Hello all.
Got ILR refused 2 weeks ago after receiving AR decision and our tax return has been updated for 2010-2011 now last week as well.so now thinking to do a fresh application with new tax calculations and proof of tax paid.i paid 9000£ tax as well .waiitng from hmrc to send me a email confirmation than going to apply.any way this is for my younger brother case.any one who got got news of fresh application accepted with new amended tax records. Plz share.thanks
Hello Mubasher,

Can you please elaborate the details of why the ILR was rejected?
In AR, did they not consider that, you applied for Tax amendments?

Thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:24 pm

mubasher wrote:Hello all.
hello Mubasher , thanks for sharing. Could yo please elaborate
1) when did you send 2010-11 tax amendment and when you applied for ILR
2) was tax not updated at the time of AR ?
3) HMRC updates 2010-11 amendment but they don't update SA302 for 2010-11 they only send you new Calculation so you can pay the updated tax.
Thanks

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi,

I have just received a letter today after 5 months one week from UKVI saying that they need some more time to process the application ,
Applied by Post:- 23/04/2016
Biometrics submitted:20/05/2016.
I did amended my tax returns(please check my previous posts)

Can anyone please suggest, how long will it take to hear back UKVI from them this letter.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:14 pm

You've a received a standard letter which is sent when the UKVI are unable to process an application within the published guidelines. It's common and many members have reported receiving the same notification.

No one can guess how long it will take a Case Worker to make a decision.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you Casa for your reply,

Is anyone got any reply/decision after receiving the standard letter so far, please share your experience.

Thanks

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:44 am

devi2211 wrote:Thank you Casa for your reply,

Is anyone got any reply/decision after receiving the standard letter so far, please share your experience.

Thanks
I have received same letter but the case worker mentioned that they are waiting for reply from one of the government agency to verify regarding one of the documents I have enclosed with my application. I have amended my 2012-2013 tax year and the difference was £802. I have enclosed the letter I wrote to HMRC and the new calculations received from HMRC for that amended tax year. Probably they might be verifying about the amended calculations I gave to UKBA. Even without amendment my income was more than £35k. During my previous Tier-1 extension my income was divided into two tax years and there were additional expenses which were not covered in my accountant letter. Many of my friends did late amendments and got their visas from PEO and postal applications. This shows that each case is individual and depends on the case worker.
R

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am

Hi Revanth667,

I have received the exactly same letter(same content waiting from govt agency...) as you.
I had amendments for 2011-2012 and paid tax in full before applying but I haven't sent any amendment information along with my application.

Now after receiving this letter, I have informed UKVI regarding the amendment(sent all the amendment docs, HMRC letter, Tax paid and covering letter).
No reply yet still waiting.

Thanks

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 pm

devi2211 wrote:Hi Revanth667,

I have received the exactly same letter(same content waiting from govt agency...) as you.
I had amendments for 2011-2012 and paid tax in full before applying but I haven't sent any amendment information along with my application.

Now after receiving this letter, I have informed UKVI regarding the amendment(sent all the amendment docs, HMRC letter, Tax paid and covering letter).

Thanks
Hi Devi,

I have enclosed my revised summary for 2012 with my application and the difference was only 800 pounds.
It. Even without amendment my earnings were more than 35k. My books were made until 31st April that year and i have submitted wrong calculations.
R

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:49 pm

revanth667 wrote:

Thanks
Hi Devi,

I have enclosed my revised summary for 2012 with my application and the difference was only 800 pounds.
It. Even without amendment my earnings were more than 35k. My books were made until 31st April that year and i have submitted wrong calculations.
Hi revanth,

Pretty much i am on the same boat.
I made amendments before my application and paid all tax.
Even with out amendments i met my threshold.

Received a letter for interview. Dont know what to do?

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:51 pm

mpath wrote:
revanth667 wrote:

Thanks
Hi Devi,

Hi revanth,

Received a letter for interview. Dont know what to do?
Did you receive letter saying they are waiting for reply from other government agency?
What is your timeline? When did you send your application?

I have included updated tax calculation for 2012 and the letter I wrote to HMRC with my application. 11 months of my earnings during my extension fall into 1 tax year and another 1 month in next tax year. I am not even sure if the case worker will see that my earnings are in two tax years.
R

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi revanth,

Received a letter for interview. Dont know what to do?[/quote]

Did you receive letter saying they are waiting for reply from other government agency?
What is your timeline? When did you send your application?

I have included updated tax calculation for 2012 and the letter I wrote to HMRC with my application. 11 months of my earnings during my extension fall into 1 tax year and another 1 month in next tax year. I am not even sure if the case worker will see that my earnings are in two tax years.[/quote]

I received a letter that they want to interview me and i applied at the end of may.

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:02 pm

hi, did any one received ILR decision in 2017. I heard they are calling for Interview ?
I applied for ILR in June 2016 and still waiting on decisions and recently i completed my 10 years stay in UK as well . Not sure weather shall I wait for decision or apply again on the basis of 10 stay.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:21 pm

richtich wrote:hi, did any one received ILR decision in 2017. I heard they are calling for Interview ?
I applied for ILR in June 2016 and still waiting on decisions and recently i completed my 10 years stay in UK as well . Not sure weather shall I wait for decision or apply again on the basis of 10 stay.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
The same checks with HMRC will be carried out for ILR(LR) and the same issues will be raised.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vsk

Post by vsk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 pm

richtich wrote:Hi guys, After tax amendment when you login into your HMRC self assessment , do you see old tax amount or new tax amount ( after amendment ) for 2010-2011
thanks
Does this make any difference ?
I can see my tax amount updated to new figures after amendments. HMRC is not updating in the SA302...

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:10 pm

vsk wrote:
richtich wrote:Hi guys, After tax amendment when you login into your HMRC self assessment , do you see old tax amount or new tax amount ( after amendment ) for 2010-2011
thanks
Does this make any difference ?
I can see my tax amount updated to new figures after amendments. HMRC is not updating in the SA302...

The real issue here is whether the case worker wants to consider tax amendments or not. Tax amendment gives them a reason to refuse irrespective of whether you paid the full tax before application or not.
R

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone here may kindly advice me on the following:

I have been a UK LTD company director and shareholder (not a sole shareholder) since my first Tier 1 G application.

Now the the time is coming for my ILR application.

I have always been paid through PAYE and submitted payslips for my previous applications. Tax and NIC are paid up to date by the company.

I am not registered as a self-employed person since I have been employed by this company as its director since its incorporation.

Would the UKVI still ask for self assessment tax returns in this case as I have had no untaxed income to fill one?

Thank you in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 pm

There is no specific requirement in Taxes Management Act 1970 (TMA) s7 for a director to register for self assessment if there is no further tax liability for the year. In HMRC’s Manuals at EM4551, there is some further guidance:

“There is no requirement to notify chargeability where there is no liability to Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax or where sufficient tax has been deducted at source to meet the net liability for the year.”

Therefore, if a director of a company has no further tax liability for a tax year AND no self assessment tax return has been issued by HMRC, then there is NO requirement for the director to notify chargeability OR file a tax return with HMRC for the year in question.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your clarification.

Your prompt and detailed answer is very much appreciated.

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Many people received Questionnaire by post and some gone for interview even after filling the questionnaire.
1) did any one received ILR decision after submitting Questionnaire ?

2) Questionnaire is completely based on Taxation , could anyone post answers ?

Please let us know.
thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 pm

him did anyone got ILR after interview or Questionnaire . I got my interview in 5 days time ? what shall i prepare for ? any safe answers please ?
thanks

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi richtich,

Did you get the invite for an interview after the questionnaire was completed? Just wanted to know as I have just received the questionnaire.

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Thu May 11, 2017 4:23 pm

DKV wrote:Hi richtich,

Did you get the invite for an interview after the questionnaire was completed? Just wanted to know as I have just received the questionnaire.
No i just got letter for INTERVIEW no questionnaire
Did anyone got ILR after interview, please get in touch ASAP i got few queries and few days to prepare for interview.

Thanks