ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
tm231
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by tm231 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 am

Hello,
I currently employ two settled workers for my business, but uncertain if job title form part of HO requirement to qualify for 24months of employment after most recent leave.

My Questions are thus:
1. Would both posts have same job title or different job title is acceptable provided both total 24months of employment?

2. Is the HO flexible on the period of employment for each employee provided it meets the 24months of full time work? In my case, one worker is likely to work for 15 months and the other 9 months as I intend to apply for ILR early next year.

Pls gurus on the platform help

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 6070
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:10 pm

tm231 wrote:Hello,
I currently employ two settled workers for my business, but uncertain if job title form part of HO requirement to qualify for 24months of employment after most recent leave.
The question is not clear. But the guidelines talk about job and position. There is no reference to Job Title.
tm231 wrote:My Questions are thus:
1. Would both posts have same job title or different job title is acceptable provided both total 24months of employment?


2. Is the HO flexible on the period of employment for each employee provided it meets the 24months of full time work? In my case, one worker is likely to work for 15 months and the other 9 months as I intend to apply for ILR early next year.

Pls gurus on the platform help
This depends on whether you are under transitional rules. When was the date of your initial application ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tm231
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Re: JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by tm231 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 pm

I mean job and position
I fall within the transitional arrangement (Pre 6 April 2014), as my initial Tier 1 Entre visa was granted in 2012.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 6070
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:05 pm

tm231 wrote:I mean job and position
I fall within the transitional arrangement (Pre 6 April 2014), as my initial Tier 1 Entre visa was granted in 2012.
You then have flexibility. So one job of 15 months and another of 9 months will meet the requirements
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tm231
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by tm231 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Pls I need clarification on the position requirement. Do both jobs need to be for same position or they can be for different positions and still count towards 24months job creation (i.e admins and field support officer)?
Thanks Gurus for your help

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 6070
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:33 pm

tm231 wrote:Pls I need clarification on the position requirement. Do both jobs need to be for same position or they can be for different positions and still count towards 24months job creation (i.e admins and field support officer)?
Thanks Gurus for your help
They can be for the same job or different jobs - it does not impact your extension or settlement under the transitional rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tm231
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by tm231 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you immensely for your help

toby23
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 am

Re: Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by toby23 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Is it possible to have only one job for 24 months ?
I had two employees till oct 2016 but then in december one employee left the other one will stick around.
So if this one sticks around till oct 18... does it fullfill the requirements ?

Please advise.

Toby

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 14092
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: Tier 1E JOB CREATION TOWARDS ILR

Post by Zimba » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Yes, only under transitional arrangemnets
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Locked
cron