ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (long term Staff) to ILR SET (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vivekS
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT (long term Staff) to ILR SET (LR)

Post by vivekS » Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 am

Hi
The board has helped me till now I am hoping it continues to do so !!

Background
First Entry : 27 June 2010 on Tier 2 ICT - Long Term Staff
Eligible for ILR : 1 June 2020
Current Leave expiring : 7 July 2020
2 Dependents completing ILR eligibility with me
1 (Son) Dependent Born here in UK - 7 years old
I have currently a Tier 2 ICT extension (mine + 3 dependents) in progress ( stuck due to Bio-metrics not taking place). The company will only do "Extensions" ...

Issue
With the world in the state it is in - I would like to get rid of the dependence on my Tier 2 Sponsor as soon as possible. The risk is that sponsor can ask me to go back to India and work from there or I could lose my job.

Question(s)
1. I have read on the board that I can vary the application - but I would prefer to make a separate new application
- is it possible to make a "separate" ILR application while waiting for decision on Tier 2 Extension ?
- if yes to above what happens to the tier 2 application ( for e.g. does it get ignored ?)
- What happens to my Son's status - I think I can apply for registration once I get ILR - just in case the processing takes longer and passes 7 jul 2020 is there any issue to be aware off ?
- Do I need to withdraw my tier 2 extension Application when I make the ILR application (in case I do not take the variation route)

2. If I make an ILR application and if I have to leave the company ( who has sponsored my current tier 2)
- Can I continue to stay on in UK as my ILR application is being considered ?
- can I switch/take up a new job ? (The ILR application is under Long Residence route )

3. I am looking at two options just now the answers above could help me decide (any advice is welcome as well)

Option A : keep it clean - let the tier 2 extension go through and then apply for ILR : Issues here are the risk ( I can mitigate it by keeping the ILR application ready and applying if worst comes to happen) however this option can add extra time to ILR ( could add months to the whole process)

Option B : Put an ILR application on 1 June 2020

Thank You

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 ICT (long term Staff) to ILR SET (LR)

Post by zimba » Tue May 12, 2020 4:17 pm

You cannot have two applications in parallel. If you apply for ILR, it will be considered a variation of the previous application. You cannot get a new job unless your ILR is granted. You can stay in the Uk as long as you have a pending application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vivekS
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT (long term Staff) to ILR SET (LR)

Post by vivekS » Wed May 13, 2020 2:50 pm

Dear Zimba
Thank you for your clear response.

regards
vivek