ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR date first entered the UK when originally on student visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ericalynne
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 2 ILR date first entered the UK when originally on student visa

Post by ericalynne » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:09 am

Hello,

I was hoping someone can help me with the "When did you first enter the UK?" question on the ILR application. It's the text under the question that has me confused as it says "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started." I originally came to the UK as a student but then switched to a work visa, so I'm not sure which date to put as when I first entered the UK.

My situation:
Entered UK Oct. 2011 on Tier 4 Student visa
Switched to Tier 2 Work visa Sept. 2014

I suspect it's the date I switched to my Tier 2 visa, but wanted to check to be sure.
Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 ILR date first entered the UK when originally on student visa

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 pm

It is the date you arrived in the UK. That date will NOT be the basis for ILR lawful residence calculations anyway as the case worker will have to consider the day you switched to Tier 2 :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice