ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - 5 year qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dagr8_mc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Tier 2 to ILR - 5 year qualifying period

Post by dagr8_mc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I am currently on a tier 2 visa which expires in November 2020. Next month, Dec '19, would make it 5 years that I am on the visa, do I qualify to apply for ILR or do I have to wait for 28 days before Nov '20 to apply?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - 5 year qualifying period

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 pm

dagr8_mc wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 pm
I am currently on a tier 2 visa which expires in November 2020. Next month, Dec '19, would make it 5 years that I am on the visa, do I qualify to apply for ILR or do I have to wait for 28 days before Nov '20 to apply?
You can apply once you hit 5th anniversary minus 28 days from initial visa issue date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.