ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Multiple sponsors

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Tier 2 to ILR - Multiple sponsors

Post by lonewanderer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi,

I've been in the UK for 4.5 years now on Tier 2 (General) visa and intend to apply for the ILR in October this year. During my stay I've gone through the Employer Change/Extension process 4 times and had some queries regarding it. The following is my scenario with timelines:

October 2014 - September 2017 (Sponsored and Employed with Company A)
October 2017 - May 2018 (Company A had applied for Tier 2 extension so I continued employment with them until end of May 2018)
June 2018 - August 2018 (Company B sponsored me a Tier 2 general visa but the starting date for the job was first week September, during this time I was not working but didn't leave the UK)
August 2018 - Current (Company C offered me a much better offer than company B, hence I took up company C's offer and conveyed to company B that I wont be joining them. My employmnet with company C started in first week November 2018)

Questions:
1. On paper I didn't get any salary for the months of June 2018 - October 2018 inclusive, should that be a problem? To provide residence proof during the unemployed time, I intend to give my council tax bill for that year, do I need to provide any other supporting document?

2. I had checked before that the 60 day unemployed rule was removed in 2018, is there anything else I need to take care off before I apply?

Responses will be appreciated

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Multiple sponsors

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 pm

You should be fine. There is no need to prove residence either
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by lonewanderer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks for the response

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Tier 2 to ILR - Damaged Passport

Post by lonewanderer » Wed May 15, 2019 2:31 am

Dear fellow members,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked on this forum. I will be applying for my ILR soon and I have the following scenario

October 2014 - First Tier 2 entry clearance, the visa was in paper form attached to the passport leaf, at that point there was no BRPs issued. The visa was valid till October 2017
May 2015 - Passport damaged, left in my jeans pocket and put in the laundry (i still have this passport)
June 2015- New passport and BRP was issued

I at this point have no visible entry/exit stamps on my damaged passport, do I need to submit any extra documentation to prove residence in the UK during 2014-2015? I do have a scanned copy of the tier 2 visa from 2014.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm

No you don't.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by lonewanderer » Wed May 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks for the response

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Tier 2 to ILR - English Language proof

Post by lonewanderer » Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

i completed my Masters in the UK in 2014. I don't have the degree certificate but have an official transcript of results, will that be sufficient?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm

(ii) an academic transcript that;
(aa) is on official letter headed paper,
(bb) shows the applicant’s name,
(cc) shows the name of the academic institution,
(dd) shows the course title,
(ee) confirms that the qualification was taught in English, and,
(ff) confirms the award given.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... endix-koll

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter

Post by lonewanderer » Fri May 31, 2019 2:48 am

Hi,

Is there a date when the absence letter from a previous employer is suppose to taken? Like is there a requirment on how old the letter can be? I aim to apply mid september

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 pm

No but suggest to get one within one of applying

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by lonewanderer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:59 am

I had received a liablity order from the local magistrates court 2 years ago for non payment of council tax. I had paid the full amount there and then to the council. Do i have to mention this in my ILR application? Also how will this affect my naturalisation application in the future?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:30 am

No. Non payment of council tax is a civil issue and has no effect on your ILR. A liability order is also NOT a CCJ

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by lonewanderer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Thank you for your response Zimba, So for I put in 'No' for the following question:

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?

A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour

lonewanderer
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by lonewanderer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:28 pm

M ILR application got approved yeterday. Thanks to everyone on this forum who have been responding to the queries :D