Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To apply for ILR

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

I have spouse dependant visa, we took FLRM route and now I have to apply for ILR. My BRP will expire in April. My husband is UK national now.
Can you please help me with the form link and list of documents needed to be attached. I have also created list, if I miss something please mention.

My BRP
My Husband's passport copy
My pakistani Passport
My husband's play slips, p60s
letter from employer
life in uk certificate
English test certificate
proof of address
family photos
marriage certificate

Thank you

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 68533
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Can you please help me with the form link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
and list of documents needed to be attached. I have also created list, if I miss something please mention.

My BRP
My Husband's passport copy
My pakistani Passport
My husband's play slips, p60s
letter from employer
life in uk certificate
English test certificate
proof of address
family photos
marriage certificate
P60s is not required. You need a minimum of 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements to prove the financial requirment.

Family photos is NOT required.

You need two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 different sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Thank you it means I don't need to take out print of form like I always did earlier? It is only online now and I have to attach scaned documents?
Thanks in advance

hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm

And one more question I did my B1 English test in 2015, I have been using this test result up till now(for 3 times visa extension) Last time when I applied for visa in the form they asked to mention certificate number which is not in my certificate as it was done in 2015 and that time there was not such information on certificate, so I explained in cover letter and there was no issue. Is it okay to use this certificate this time too?
thanks

hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi I will highly appreciate your reply for last 2 questions.
regards

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by Zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:53 pm

hunfah wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 pm
Thank you it means I don't need to take out print of form like I always did earlier? It is only online now and I have to attach scaned documents?
Thanks in advance
Yes this has been the case for more than a year :!:
hunfah wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm
And one more question I did my B1 English test in 2015, I have been using this test result up till now(for 3 times visa extension) Last time when I applied for visa in the form they asked to mention certificate number which is not in my certificate as it was done in 2015 and that time there was not such information on certificate, so I explained in cover letter and there was no issue. Is it okay to use this certificate this time too?
thanks
As long as the test centre is still on the approved list
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 am

Thank you for your response. yes my test rsult is no more valid and I have booked new this Saturday.
Can you please tell me examples of proof of cohabitation?
Regards

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by Zimba » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm

hunfah wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 am
Thank you for your response. yes my test rsult is no more valid and I have booked new this Saturday.
Can you please tell me examples of proof of cohabitation?
Regards
Any evidence can be used bills, letters, bank statements , etc
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

hunfah
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 pm

Thank you, I have passed my B1 test last weekend. I really appreciate for mentioning it otherwise I would have used old certificate. :)
There are 4 more questions.
1) I got visa on 3rd March 2014 so I have completed my five years in 2019. My BRP will expire in April 2020. So I can apply anytime before BRP expiration?
2) Can I get the link for ILR documents requiremnets?(I am applying for ILR as dependent of British national)
3)Form I need to fill is ''Apply online (form SET(M))''?
4)Once applied do I need to go for biometrics myself or I will get letter from home office?
5) Do I need to upload scanned docs oline? Not in post?
Thanks in advance

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by Zimba » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 am

hunfah wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 pm
Thank you, I have passed my B1 test last weekend. I really appreciate for mentioning it otherwise I would have used old certificate. :)
There are 4 more questions.
1) I got visa on 3rd March 2014 so I have completed my five years in 2019. My BRP will expire in April 2020. So I can apply anytime before BRP expiration?
2) Can I get the link for ILR documents requiremnets?(I am applying for ILR as dependent of British national)
3)Form I need to fill is ''Apply online (form SET(M))''?
4)Once applied do I need to go for biometrics myself or I will get letter from home office?
5) Do I need to upload scanned docs oline? Not in post?
Thanks in advance
1. Yes
2. The online system will tell you what you need
3. Correct
4. After submission, you will be asked to book and attend an appointment
5. Nothing is sent. All documents are scanned and uploaded only
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

Post Reply
cron