ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad whilst awaiting decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

warrick01
Newly Registered
United States of America

Travel abroad whilst awaiting decision

Post by warrick01 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello.

My wife is awaiting a decision having submitted a settlement (ILR) application, having lived in the UK for 5 years. We found out today that we will submit our documents electronically at the ukvcas appointment which we have never had the luxury of before. Does this mean we will keep our passports and therefore can we go on holiday abroad whilst awaiting decision / settled status? Can't find any info about this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel abroad whilst awaiting decision

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:34 pm

You cannot travel while an application is pending. If you leave the UK, the application will be considered withdrawn and you lose the fee. If her visa has expired while out of the UK, she won't be able to return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.