ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA ILR Status Contact No

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ukdreamer
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 pm

UKBA ILR Status Contact No

Post by ukdreamer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 am

Guys, any one knows the phone number to contact UKBA to get status on my ILR application?

I have sent my application on Jan 15th 2013, till now, there is no communication from them.

Thank you

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17256
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Re: UKBA ILR Status Contact No

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 am

ukdreamer wrote:Guys, any one knows the phone number to contact UKBA to get status on my ILR application?

I have sent my application on Jan 15th 2013, till now, there is no communication from them.

Thank you
It's not been 6 months yet so you're unlikely to get any update. What was your application based on?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JohnM
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by JohnM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 am

Amber, you write so many messages and advice on this forum and I noticed that sometimes it is very correct but sometimes it is absolutely wrong.

You are obviously not solicitor, is it like your hobby, why do you write here and comment here so much? Some people may confuse you with real Guru, like a legal professional, but I think you just got this status because you wrote more than 2000 comments in less than half a year.

You are not qualified and OISC registered solicitor, correct?

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17256
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:28 am

JohnM wrote:Amber, you write so many messages and advice on this forum and I noticed that sometimes it is very correct but sometimes it is absolutely wrong.

You are obviously not solicitor, is it like your hobby, why do you write here and comment here so much? Some people may confuse you with real Guru, like a legal professional, but I think you just got this status because you wrote more than 2000 comments in less than half a year.

You are not qualified and OISC registered solicitor, correct?
I do not know if you do not realise but this is a forum for guidance. You should not rely on anything anyone says regardless of their 'title'. If you want legal advice you will have to pay for it! There is often wrong or misleading information displayed on here, but gladly it is often picked up and corrected. There is no-one of here who is infallible and you will never find a solicitor or OISC advisor who is either. The difference is with the latter, you have a course of redress should they prove negligent. There is no need to start displaying your issues towards me because I have corrected you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JohnM
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by JohnM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:41 am

I just asked you a simple question.

Your comments were wrong after I consulted with real solicitor. You made me and probably some other people uneasy.

You wrote in your profie:
Occupation: Legal consultant/researcher (not immigration law) welfare rights caseworker certified CAB advisor

So you yourself declare that you have nothing to do with the immigration law. I think even good immigration solicitor can also make mistake. But I think with the professional it is 1% chance or less. With your comments it is probably much more than 1%.

At least for me, it looks like you are over-confident for no reason. Nothing personal. You probably have a right to write here whatever you fancy. It just may mislead people sometimes and I don't think this is very nice. As you said, you have a right for any opinion, me too. I did not comment you personal qualities and an individual. I commented on the level of professionalism of your comments, from my point of view. If you think you have a right to write more than 2000 comments, expect to see some feedback. Not all of it may be positive.

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17256
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:51 am

JohnM wrote:I just asked you a simple question.

Your comments were wrong after I consulted with real solicitor. You made me and probably some other people uneasy.

You wrote in your profie:
Occupation: Legal consultant/researcher (not immigration law) welfare rights caseworker certified CAB advisor

So you yourself declare that you have nothing to do with the immigration law. I think even good immigration solicitor can also make mistake. But I think with the professional it is 1% chance or less. With your comments it is probably much more than 1%.

At least for me, it looks like you are over-confident for no reason. Nothing personal. You probably have a right to write here whatever you fancy. It just may mislead people sometimes and I don't think this is very nice. As you said, you have a right for any opinion, me too. I did not comment you personal qualities and an individual. I commented on the level of professionalism of your comments, from my point of view. If you think you have a right to write more than 2000 comments, expect to see some feedback. Not all of it may be positive.
It would be good if you could say what comment was wrong and what your solicitor said. So that others can learn, that's the purpose of this forum.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ukdreamer
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Re: UKBA ILR Status Contact No

Post by ukdreamer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 pm

I have applied as 3yrs HSMP + 2yrs Tier1.

Kumar.

D4109125 wrote:
ukdreamer wrote:Guys, any one knows the phone number to contact UKBA to get status on my ILR application?

I have sent my application on Jan 15th 2013, till now, there is no communication from them.

Thank you
It's not been 6 months yet so you're unlikely to get any update. What was your application based on?

Locked
cron