ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment Booked. What to expect

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proof of Home Ownership

Post by Michael2018 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Hello members, my wife and I currently live in my father home with my father. The property was bought without a mortgage, He was a bill of sale from the solicitor and an invioce for registering the title. Both are address to my father at out home address. Do you think this will cover the proof of ownership requirement?

Thanks

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Proof of Home Ownership (SET M) ILR

Post by Michael2018 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:35 am

Michael2018 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:30 pm
Hello members, my wife and I currently live in my father home with my father. The property was bought without a mortgage, He was a bill of sale from the solicitor and an invioce for registering the title. Both are address to my father at out home address. Do you think this will cover the proof of ownership requirement?

Thanks
Sorry folks I should have stated that my wife is applying for SET (M) ILR

We used this proof owner ship for all previous Leave to remain applications

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of Home Ownership

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am

You need to provide evidence of cohabitation in your and your spouse names for the last two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michael2018 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am
You need to provide evidence of cohabitation in your and your spouse names for the last two years.
Hello CR001. Yes I understand we have to provide utility bills etc... But I also thought that we have to prove that we were legally residing in suitable property. Previously I included a sketch plan of the house indicating the amount of rooms. I also included an invoice and receipt from the estate agent showing the house was bought without a mortgage and the deeds were registered with land registry.

I am wondering will this be suffice for the ILR visa as they were surfice for the FLR visa's.

Thanks in advance for your reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:08 pm

For ilr you only need evidence of cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

UKVCAS appointment Booked. What to expect

Post by Michael2018 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm

hello folks, My wife has submitted her ILR visa application and has her appointment with Sopra on Mondat 15th July in Belfast. The Belfast centre offers free scanning. There is also the option to upload online. Is it also possible that my wife can brind a USB drive with all our documents scans on it. This would be alot easier for both parties.

Also the checklist states that Proof of Property Ownership for the owner of the property we reside in. Is this correct as I was told in the ILR section that proof of ownership is not required for ILR applications

Also It asks for my passport and evidence of my settled status in the UK. Would my passport not be suffice for this also? Or do I have to provide my full birth certificate?

Also what should my wife expect on the day? Can i accompany her into the interview?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Michael.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS appointment Booked. What to expect

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:57 pm

Michael2018 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm
hello folks, My wife has submitted her ILR visa application and has her appointment with Sopra on Mondat 15th July in Belfast. The Belfast centre offers free scanning. There is also the option to upload online. Is it also possible that my wife can brind a USB drive with all our documents scans on it. This would be alot easier for both parties.
UBS wont be accepted. Just take originals if not then self upload (if you not want to print them).
Michael2018 wrote:
Also the checklist states that Proof of Property Ownership for the owner of the property we reside in. Is this correct as I was told in the ILR section that proof of ownership is not required for ILR applications
Not everyone owns the property. The option of renting should also be there.
Michael2018 wrote:

Also It asks for my passport and evidence of my settled status in the UK. Would my passport not be suffice for this also? Or do I have to provide my full birth certificate?

Also what should my wife expect on the day? Can i accompany her into the interview?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Michael.
If british passport then suffice otherwise foregin passport with BRP showing ILR/PR. You can go with her if centre allows.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:00 am

There is no 'interview' by the way. Sopra Steria staff aren't Home Office employees. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michael2018 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 am

Hello folks. Thanks for your replies. I have an Irish passport which states i was born in County Antrim. I will also bring my full birth certificate just incase.

Also i have scanned every page of my wifes current and previous Thai passports and every page of my current Irish passport. Is this correct?

Thanks, Mike