Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am

Please advice:

I had a 4.5 hours interview on the 2nd of April 2019 for my Tier1 Ent ILR Application (+ one dependant, wife), which was made on the 19th of January 2019. Application refused on the 5th of June. AR offered within 14 days. Please advice:

1. My 10 years route is due in 28, Aug 2019 - Visa date for first entry as a student in 2009, but arrived in the UK Sept 19th 2009.
2. I have 2 children born in the UK. Ages 11 and 9.

Please what are my options? Should I go ahead with the AR and put in other applications?

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65441
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:12 am

Useful to state the reasons for refusal!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 pm

ILR refused based on the following points:

Compliance officers not satisfied with responses regarding:

1. Business: they believe business lacks credibility. No trace of employee attendance and correspondence. However employees work on clients sites which I monitor with my presence.

2. Contact with accountant: they said, I called my accountant to make confirmation of what they asked during the interview. This has to do with whether the business made a profit or loss in 2017/18. The question was answered, though the call was to give a confirmation to the answer.

Kindly advice re the options open to me please.

star20lion
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 11:13 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by star20lion » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm

HI tritan sorry to hear that but i hope you are luck you have few good option to take.
1. go for AR and take some more days to close to your 10 year.
2 you can apply another application on the basis of kids.
Good Luck
Please mention your reasons for refusal.

Thanks

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:12 am
Useful to state the reasons for refusal!
Reasons stated above. Please advice

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

star20lion wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm
HI tritan sorry to hear that but i hope you are luck you have few good option to take.
1. go for AR and take some more days to close to your 10 year.
2 you can apply another application on the basis of kids.
Good Luck
Please mention your reasons for refusal.

Thanks

Thanks very much. I’m very nervous as my 10 years will be complete from the 1st of July. If the AR is refused again after 28 days of submitting by the 19th of June the latest, do I have any chance for the 10 year route?

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Tritan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm
star20lion wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm
HI tritan sorry to hear that but i hope you are luck you have few good option to take.
1. go for AR and take some more days to close to your 10 year.
2 you can apply another application on the basis of kids.
Good Luck
Please mention your reasons for refusal.

Thanks

Thanks very much. I’m very nervous as my 10 years will be complete from the 1st of July. If the AR is refused again after 28 days of submitting by the 19th of June the latest, do I have any chance for the 10 year route?
I meant 1st of August, sorry.

star20lion
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 11:13 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by star20lion » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm

you can apply a new application after AR refusal and will be enough time to complete 10 year.If you more worried about AR you can apply FLR and vary application before the decision for !0 year.
Please wait for other members guides before apply.
Thanks

mohsensari
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by mohsensari » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Sorry about your refusal
1) Are you home base or have proper office / store?
2) Did you have any business transaction during 2017/2018?
( you should know business profit or loose during requested period even if you don’t have exact numbers).
3) What’s your work status in below link?
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Muzaffar149
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:01 am
Location: Glasgow
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Muzaffar149 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Sorry to hear all that, dont panic brother, everything will be all right.
Is this your first interview on this visa during 5 years period.
Did they call you in or they came to your office?

moongesture
Member of Standing
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by moongesture » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:14 pm

A) Request your Interview Transcript asap,
B) Prepare your Arguments for Business & Employment Credibility (With evidences), it's better to provide a table of facts.
C) Prepare your PAP

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:37 pm

star20lion wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm
you can apply a new application after AR refusal and will be enough time to complete 10 year.If you more worried about AR you can apply FLR and vary application before the decision for !0 year.
Please wait for other members guides before apply.
Thanks
Thanks for the advice. If I send in another application during AR, say FLR, does this not affect my 10 years of continuous stay, due to the refusal?

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 pm

mohsensari wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Sorry about your refusal
1) Are you home base or have proper office / store?
2) Did you have any business transaction during 2017/2018?
( you should know business profit or loose during requested period even if you don’t have exact numbers).
3) What’s your work status in below link?
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Thanks,
1.Office is home based with proper office arrangement.
2. There were business transaction, I knew it was a lose.
3. Work status says invalid biometric using the old one.

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Muzaffar149 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 pm
Sorry to hear all that, dont panic brother, everything will be all right.
Is this your first interview on this visa during 5 years period.
Did they call you in or they came to your office?
Thanks. I had an interview during the extension stage
They gave me 2 days notice before they came

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Please can senior members also advice. I feel I’m running out of time as the 14 days for AR is getting nearer by the day.
1.Can I send in another application instead of the AR?
2.Should I send the AR as adviced, then during/after AR vary the application?
3. The FLR should it be on the basis of my 10 years old or the 8 year old?

Please help!!

mohsensari
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by mohsensari » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm

If you have genuine business, challenge the decision by giving more information and documentation about your business / transaction / clients and anything related to the business.
Logically They don’t refuse you because your employees weren’t there or because you phoned your accountant to get exact figures.
As I know if you end up now and make new application you are in break of continuous living but I’m not sure if you can vary your application while waiting for AR outcome.

User avatar
aman90
Diamond Member
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by aman90 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Tritan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Thanks very much. I’m very nervous as my 10 years will be complete from the 1st of July. If the AR is refused again after 28 days of submitting by the 19th of June the latest, do I have any chance for the 10 year route?
You’ll have 14 days to apply for new visa IF Admin review is refused.
Focus on AR as others have suggested
Transcripts etc
Also you must have phone or email correspondence records with employees?
Usually a director would know if the business was in profit or loss.. coz you sign off on it at the accountants office.. The exact figure on the top of the head probably not..
But anyways RELAX.. you have two other options which if done timely will get you through..

HMG
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Egypt

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by HMG » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Tritan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am
Please advice:

I had a 4.5 hours interview on the 2nd of April 2019 for my Tier1 Ent ILR Application (+ one dependant, wife), which was made on the 19th of January 2019. Application refused on the 5th of June. AR offered within 14 days. Please advice:

1. My 10 years route is due in 28, Aug 2019 - Visa date for first entry as a student in 2009, but arrived in the UK Sept 19th 2009.
2. I have 2 children born in the UK. Ages 11 and 9.

Please what are my options? Should I go ahead with the AR and put in other applications?

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,
I am not expert but I think you should do like the others suggested. Focus on AR and justify your points. At the same time, no harm to start preparing a fresh application just in case the AR refused; and this will move you more towards your 10 years. Wish you all the best

Tritan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by Tritan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks you all for the advice. I’ll be updating you on my progress in due course by God’s grace.

Really appreciate all you contributions.

mkhan83
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Urgent Help! ILR tier 1 Ent refused after interview.

Post by mkhan83 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:11 am

Hi Tritan
Sorry to hear about your refusal.
Wait for the senior members for valuable advice. In the meantime prepare for AR.
You said you have also been interviewed at the extension stage. Did you successfully get extension after the interview?
Regards

Post Reply
cron