ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the risk of resigning right after knowing the ILR application successful before receiving BRP?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myself19999
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

What is the risk of resigning right after knowing the ILR application successful before receiving BRP?

Post by myself19999 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:40 pm

I have submitted my ILR application with super-priority service. My appointment will be on the day after tomorrow. I am hoping to get the decision this week if I am lucky. My question is what is the risk if I resign right after I have got the notification of the successful decision but before receiving my BRP? I have got a job offer and I really want to resign as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

(Set(O) tier 2 route)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: What is the risk of resigning right after knowing the ILR application successful before receiving BRP?

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:12 am

myself19999 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:40 pm
I have submitted my ILR application with super-priority service. My appointment will be on the day after tomorrow. I am hoping to get the decision this week if I am lucky. My question is what is the risk if I resign right after I have got the notification of the successful decision but before receiving my BRP? I have got a job offer and I really want to resign as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

(Set(O) tier 2 route)
Technically, it should be fine. To be safe, I'd wait those little extra days. Better safe than sorry! :?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:

Re: What is the risk of resigning right after knowing the ILR application successful before receiving BRP?

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:24 am

The moment your ILR is approved, the work limitations no longer apply
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 am

It should be fine once you get your decision.

However, I don't know how unbearable your job is, but if you can wait to get that shiny plastic card in hand before resigning, that would be much better.

In theory, I don't see any reason why you cannot resign once you get your positive decision, but in practice, I would give it an extra time.