ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When EXACTLY can I apply for ILR with my Tier 2?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shoaibrehman

When EXACTLY can I apply for ILR with my Tier 2?

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 am

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help me to decide when exactly am I eligible to apply for ILR on my Tier 2 General Route?

Please see the list below:

1. Date I was issued my first 3 year Tier 2 Visa - valid from 25/09/2014 -> 31/08/2017
2. Extended my visa with the same employer for another 3 years valid from 04/09/2017 -> 14/09/2020
3. Switched jobs January 2019 and new visa was granted valid from 22/01/2019 -> 18/08/2020 (complete 6 years)

looking at the expiry date of my current visa, does it mean that I am eligible to apply for ILR from 1st August 2019 as I complete my 5 years on tier 2 in a month's time? OR is it September when I finish 5 years on my visa?

Finally, I work remotely (in a different town in the UK) and work on site a few days every month for my employer but my main work address on my visa application was the office address. Is it going to be an issue when applying for ILR?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

nandinib84
Newly Registered
India

Re: When EXACTLY can I apply for ILR with my Tier 2?

Post by nandinib84 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm

looking at the expiry date of my current visa, does it mean that I am eligible to apply for ILR from 1st August 2019 as I complete my 5 years on tier 2 in a month's time? OR is it September when I finish 5 years on my visa?
You are eligible to apply 28 days before 25/09/2014
Finally, I work remotely (in a different town in the UK) and work on site a few days every month for my employer but my main work address on my visa application was the office address. Is it going to be an issue when applying for ILR?
Shouldn't be as far as I know but others can provide more information

shoaibrehman

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm

nandinib84 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Ok great! thanks for your reply.

Just so I understand correctly, the 28 days period is before the first visa issue date. Correct?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm

shoaibrehman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm
nandinib84 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Ok great! thanks for your reply.

Just so I understand correctly, the 28 days period is before the first visa issue date. Correct?

Thanks
Yes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shoaibrehman

Post by shoaibrehman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Brilliant. Thank you for confirming.

last two questions, is there a holiday letter template available? I haven't taken it from my previous employer yet so I am keen that I send them the right template to fill. Secondly, can I travel abroad whilst I am waiting on my new BRP after the visa approval?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 76413.html
Secondly, can I travel abroad whilst I am waiting on my new BRP after the visa approval?
You should wait till you receive your ILR BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shoaibrehman

ILR list of documents + Bank statements (Tier 2 general to ILR)

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering, could I use my online bank statements for my ILR application?

I am with Natwest and their online PDF statements have full bank details, logo, my details and opening/closing balance so I was wondering if that's an acceptable form of statements? OR would you rather I use printed copies from my bank to support my application?

I am also using the following documents with my application, please let me know if I have missed something:

- Passport + current BRP
- Last 3 months pay slips
- Last 3 months bank statements
- Life in the UK test
- Letter from my employer confirming my employment for foreseeable future
- Letter from current employer confirming my holidays with dates when I was outside the country
- Letter from previous employer confirming my holidays outside the UK
- Degree certificate to prove the language skills
- p60 ?

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
S.

shoaibrehman

Post by shoaibrehman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi guys,

Any help is highly appreciated. Please could someone respond to my last query?

Thanks