ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to submit ILR application? How many days before?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ColumnGrand
Newly Registered

When to submit ILR application? How many days before?

Post by ColumnGrand » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Dear all,

I will shortly be submitting my ILR application on the 5 year route.

I am seeing many references that I can submit my application within 28 days from the final date of my visa which in my case is December 28. Does this mean I can submit the application only on or after 1st December?

I would be very grateful if someone can point me to where this is documented on the official documents as I have searched and searched and just cannot find it.

Thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: When to submit ILR application? How many days before?

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 pm

ColumnGrand wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Dear all,

I will shortly be submitting my ILR application on the 5 year route.

I am seeing many references that I can submit my application within 28 days from the final date of my visa which in my case is December 28. Does this mean I can submit the application only on or after 1st December?

I would be very grateful if someone can point me to where this is documented on the official documents as I have searched and searched and just cannot find it.

Thanks for your help.
You need to state the route leading to ILR either under pbs or family route because different routes have different criteria
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 am

ColumnGrand wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Incorrect. You can submit an ILR application within 28 days of completing your 5 years of lawful residence in the UK and NOT the final date of your visa ! The 5 year period is calculated from visa issue date for PBS visa holders and from first entry to the UK, for people under spouse/family visa. This is not part of the rules and it is simply a concession made by HO which applies to ALL the ILR applications
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 am

If final date of your visa is after when you have already completed your 5 years depending on your visa route then of course you can apply if that is convenient for you. Many applicants most often have surplus amount of leave especially in case of spouse visa which is initially be granted for 33 months followed by extension with 30 months then upon completing 5 years from the date of their entry they can apply ILR anytime before their final date of visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ColumnGrand
Newly Registered

Post by ColumnGrand » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Dear all,

Many thanks for the detailed replies.

Firstly my route is the family route as I am married to a British Citizen.

I arrived in the UK on 21/11/2014. I think this means my 5 years is on 21/11/2019. My visa expires 29/12/2019.

So the final date of my visa is after I have completed 5 years.

I should add I have taken a few holidays outside of the UK. One for 17 days, one for 14 days and another for 21 days. I just mention this as the application said I should list any holidays of 14 days or more.

So from what has been said I think I can apply for ILR now because today (12/11/2019) is within 28 days of completing my 5 years (21/11/2019).

Please let me know if I made a mistake and also I still cannot seem to read this in any official HO documents so would be grateful for a link to that.

Thanks again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:05 pm

ColumnGrand wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 pm
Dear all,

Many thanks for the detailed replies.

Firstly my route is the family route as I am married to a British Citizen.

I arrived in the UK on 21/11/2014. I think this means my 5 years is on 21/11/2019. My visa expires 29/12/2019.

So the final date of my visa is after I have completed 5 years.

I should add I have taken a few holidays outside of the UK. One for 17 days, one for 14 days and another for 21 days. I just mention this as the application said I should list any holidays of 14 days or more.

So from what has been said I think I can apply for ILR now because today (12/11/2019) is within 28 days of completing my 5 years (21/11/2019).

Please let me know if I made a mistake and also I still cannot seem to read this in any official HO documents so would be grateful for a link to that.

Thanks again.
If you have all supporting documents available to support the application then yes you can proceed. And regarding absence, there is no threshold under family route.