ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on Tier2 and baby on her dependant-Now need ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

barua

Wife on Tier2 and baby on her dependant-Now need ILR

Post by barua » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Hello All,
I recently got ILR and had only applied for myself as wife got her hsmp renewed to tier2.She is in third year now and left with 2 and half more years to apply ILR on her own.
Now that I have got ILR how to get my wife and baby the ILR.
1) Should they switch thier visas as my dependant?
2) Can they switch in-country? or should be get entry clearance again?
3) If i get their visas switched as my dependants then can I apply for ILR immediately or should we wait for 2 years?
Please help.
Also the leaflet along with my ILR they sent say that kids born in UK qualify to be become citizens. I myself have not got citizenship, can i get the kid become citizen?
thanks in advance,
Barua

diago_nelson

Re: Wife on Tier2 and baby on her dependant-Now need ILR

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Congrats barua for getting ILR !

1. If your wife changes her visa to spouse visa, then after 2 years she can get ILR or she will get it on her own anyways after 2 1/2 years, depending on the rules applicable at that time.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... s/#header1

With regards to your baby, if your baby was born in UK, you can directly apply for his/her citizenship even though it will take one more year for you to get BC.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

2. Your wife can switch-in country. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... s/#header2

3. Your wife will have to wait for 2 years min. to get ILR.
barua wrote:Hello All,
I recently got ILR and had only applied for myself as wife got her hsmp renewed to tier2.She is in third year now and left with 2 and half more years to apply ILR on her own.
Now that I have got ILR how to get my wife and baby the ILR.
1) Should they switch thier visas as my dependant?
2) Can they switch in-country? or should be get entry clearance again?
3) If i get their visas switched as my dependants then can I apply for ILR immediately or should we wait for 2 years?
Please help.
Also the leaflet along with my ILR they sent say that kids born in UK qualify to be become citizens. I myself have not got citizenship, can i get the kid become citizen?
thanks in advance,
Barua

barua

Post by barua » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 am

Diago_nelson,
thanks a ton for your reply.
cheers,
Barua