ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my Partner be eligible for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Will my Partner be eligible for ILR

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 am

Hiya,

A quick drawdown of my circumstances.

I have been on Tier-2 and will complete 5 years next year. My wife joined me on Tier-2 dependent at the start of this year.
I understand once i get my ILR, she will get FLR and can apply for ILR when she has completed 5 years here with me.

However, she now has the oppurtunity to convert to Tier-2 (It is important for her to get her own tier 2 to train in medicine).

My question is once she gets her Tier-2, say in Dec2013, will her clock for ILR be reset again or she can apply for ILR once she has completed a total of 5 years here including this present one, and considering that at the time her visa will be tier-2?

For anyone who can shed some light, it'll be much appreciative.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am

Please check this it might be relevant

Kind regards

geriatrix

Re: Will my Partner be eligible for ILR

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:09 am

iworker wrote:My question is once she gets her Tier-2, say in Dec2013, will her clock for ILR be reset again
Yes.

And, if in the future, she has to change from Tier 2 to your dependant for some reason (e.g. - employer not providing CoS to enable her to extend), the ILR will be reset again (i.e. - 5 years from that change).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!