ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong NI number on payslips and P60s

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

szubair
Newly Registered

Wrong NI number on payslips and P60s

Post by szubair » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello All,

I am going to apply ILR in near future under 5 year work permit. I have recently noticed that National Insurance Number on my pay slips and on P60s is wrong. Our company accountant has said, he received the same (wrong) NI number in start. Now when my National Insurance is being paid against another wrong NI number. What can be done at this stage. Will this affect my ILR application at home office. My accountant is going to inform NI office for my correct NI number and going to send P60s with correct NI number to NI office. Will this be all right and will home office people check for national insurance contribution from NI office? How long NI office gonna take to update my records with correct NI number?

Please suggest what should I do?

Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Wrong NI number on payslips and P60s

Post by 1664 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Why would you accountant send P60's to the NI office? Rather get a reconsiliation from HRCM to see what can be done..

szubair
Newly Registered

To fix the problem

Post by szubair » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

To inform NI office that National Insurance paid last year was actually for this correct NI number so they can update their records. My accountant is sending me P60s and pay slips with correct Ni number.

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 am

Hello,

I think it is better to sort this NI thing out before you apply...They will defintely check NI number on their system. NI number is used for checking if the applicant is receiving benefits. my views..

Once it is sorted out in your office then request your tax details to HMRC to cross check because HMRC relies on employer to give them update( i got to know when i called them couple of weeks back). if your employer has fixed it but did not update HRMC you are still in trouble.. my honest opinion..

Deep..

szubair
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by szubair » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks Deep.

This is what I am thinking as well. I should not risk it.