ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 year's continuous reckonable residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NewIrish

1 year's continuous reckonable residence

Post by NewIrish » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi All,

Looking for advice here...

I am going to complete my 5 years in Ireland on August. I am on Stamp 4 working with the same employer since I came here.

My question is about the 1 year's continuous reckonable residence is this mean that I should not leave Ireland during my fifth year? I had to go in a vacation for 3 weeks around Xmas...would this affect my application? is this mean I should wait for next Xmas to apply? Also I was thinking to leave for a week on July....

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Normal vacations should affect your reckonable residence (as far as I know anyway, perhaps someone else on here can confirm this). You just have to be considered normally resident here for that year and a few weeks vacation time shouldn't cause a problem, at least it hasn't done so for me.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I went to the citizenship information office. couple of old ladies...she tried her best..she used internet to read for me the citizenship requirment...she was confused about the 1 year's continuous reckonable residence she said she will contact INIS and get back to me.

She contacted me and said that the INIS said most Probably a one week vacation in July WILL affect my application!!!!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:15 pm

holidays do not affect your naturalisation. the most important thing is that you do not have gaps in your permission / stamps during the last year before applying for naturalisation.
lets say you were late by a month to renew your permission to remain in ireland, and intend to apply for citizenship after 6 months. this application would be refused, because you have a gap in the last 12 months before applying

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 pm

same post, sorry
Last edited by agniukas on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:19 pm

holidays do not affect your naturalisation. the most important thing is that you do not have gaps in your permission / stamps during the last year before applying for naturalisation.
lets say you were late by a month to renew your permission to remain in ireland, and intend to apply for citizenship after 6 months. this application would be refused, because you have a gap in the last 12 months before applying

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

sorry, problems with contection therefore multple post.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:48 pm

agniukas wrote:holidays do not affect your naturalisation. the most important thing is that you do not have gaps in your permission / stamps during the last year before applying for naturalisation.
agniukas is 100% right. vacations do not affect your application.
it is only yhe stamps on your passport.
peace on you

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:00 pm

i spoke to a immigration officer once and he said the same thing there should be no gaps in the stamps.if its the other way there is hundreads of people who go on buisness trips they will never be citizens.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks everyone