ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
bondlonton
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:59 am
Ireland

2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by bondlonton » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:02 am

Hello!!,

I (stamp 1) and my partner (stamp 2) are planning to get married in Ireland. We are both Non-EEA.

Do we need to attend for interview? Is the process complex?

Thank you.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm

No.

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by littlerr » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm
No.
Anyone seeking to get married needs to attend the registrar for an interview, regardless of nationality.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:54 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm
Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm
No.
Anyone seeking to get married needs to attend the registrar for an interview, regardless of nationality.
No at all. Only couples where one person is an Irish citizen or EU citizen and another person is from another country outside of EU. My husband and I were invited to the interview because he is Irish and I was Russian-American at the time. We were told that we need be interviewed before being allowed to marry each other to establish that our relationship is real and that I am not marrying him only to secure immigration status in Ireland.
This was several years ago. You must be talking about notification of marriage.

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by littlerr » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:54 pm
littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm
Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm
No.
Anyone seeking to get married needs to attend the registrar for an interview, regardless of nationality.
No at all. Only couples where one person is an Irish citizen or EU citizen and another person is from another country outside of EU. My husband and I were invited to the interview because he is Irish and I was Russian-American at the time. We were told that we need be interviewed before being allowed to marry each other to establish that our relationship is real and that I am not marrying him only to secure immigration status in Ireland.
This was several years ago. You must be talking about notification of marriage.
There is no separate ‘immigration interview’ nowadays. There is only 1 interview which anyone who wishes to get married in Ireland must attend. The registrar will take care of all questions, including any immigration related checks if necessary. In the unlikely event that the registrar believes that there is marriage of convenience they would contact INIS and INIS will take over.

bondlonton
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:59 am
Ireland

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by bondlonton » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:30 pm

So now everyone who want to get married in Ireland need to attend a interview?

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: 2 Non-eu people get married in Ireland

Post by littlerr » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:38 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:54 pm
littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm
Vorona wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm
No.
Anyone seeking to get married needs to attend the registrar for an interview, regardless of nationality.
No at all. Only couples where one person is an Irish citizen or EU citizen and another person is from another country outside of EU. My husband and I were invited to the interview because he is Irish and I was Russian-American at the time. We were told that we need be interviewed before being allowed to marry each other to establish that our relationship is real and that I am not marrying him only to secure immigration status in Ireland.
This was several years ago. You must be talking about notification of marriage.
There is no separate ‘immigration interview’ nowadays. There is only 1 interview which anyone who wishes to get married in Ireland must attend. The registrar will take care of all questions, including any immigration related checks if necessary. In the unlikely event that the registrar believes that there is marriage of convenience they would contact INIS and INIS will take over.
I retract my comments above. The separate interview is still in place if one of the two persons is an EU national and the other is not.

Post Reply
cron