ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2018; Original passport still not return

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Makendal
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

2018; Original passport still not return

Post by Makendal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi,

I have sent my application by registered post. It has been received November 12th 2018. I have received an application number January 24th 2019 after many emails.

Today, February 17th 2019 I remain without my original french passport nor any response from my emails calls and posts. (phone line Tuesday and Thursday 10 yo 22 always rings busy).

It has been 14 weeks now and I am desperate. I need it urgently as I have no other way to travel. This is really stressful.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2018; Original passport still not return

Post by Spire01 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Makendal wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:11 pm
Hi,

I have sent my application by registered post. It has been received November 12th 2018. I have received an application number January 24th 2019 after many emails.

Today, February 17th 2019 I remain without my original french passport nor any response from my emails calls and posts. (phone line Tuesday and Thursday 10 yo 22 always rings busy).

It has been 14 weeks now and I am desperate. I need it urgently as I have no other way to travel. This is really stressful.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Hello Makendal,
I would say you may need to continuously try and reach them until you get a response regarding your passport...The phone line is open tomorrow, so just keep ringing again and again until your call is answered, In the past, my phone call was answered by a lady after 140 attempts (spent around 2 hours ringing them continuously).

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:48 pm

If you need your passport back, simply write them a letter with your application number (or the An app st tracking number if you don’t have got your application number) formally requesting for it. Send it by registered mail. Maybe put an “Urgent” note on the envelope. This is the quickest way of getting your passport back. Your application will be put on hold and they will send your passport back.

Regarding the phone calls, it is normal to call them hundreds of times in order to get through.
Two weeks ago it took me 180+ attempts to get through. Last week it took me 300+ attempts. Unfortunately there information system is still in the prehistoric era.

Larysa
Ukraine

Post by Larysa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi Makendal, did you ring them today about your passport? I have the same story, but its my kid passport and also EU citizen.

Makendal
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Makendal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 pm

I called 114 times today but I could not get through.

But I received an email saying that my passport will be sent in a couple of days with a letter... only problem is I had the same email back in January.

I will continue to call on Thursday.

And i will reply to the email I received today.