ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About other EU Country Resistansy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

About other EU Country Resistansy

Post by shahzadbk » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Gays,
Pls tell me if anybody exactly know about resistancy in other EU Stat.Like if i have UK Visit Visa.Then i can legaly stay there for 180 days.Will it be acceptable for for DOJ.Or what type of resistancy they require.Pls let me know if anybody know anything about it.
Thanks

archigabe

Re: About other EU Country Resistansy

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:05 pm

shahzadbk wrote:Hi Gays
?????On a serious note, according to another poster they (DOJ) expect a residence card from another E.U country, not a short visit on a tourist visa.
Last edited by archigabe on Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

microlab

Post by microlab » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:23 pm

shahzadbk wrote:Hi Gays
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:30 pm

shahzadbk wrote:Hi Gays,
Pls tell me if anybody exactly know about resistancy in other EU Stat.Like if i have UK Visit Visa.Then i can legaly stay there for 180 days.Will it be acceptable for for DOJ.Or what type of resistancy they require.Pls let me know if anybody know anything about it.
Thanks
What the hell is "resistancy"?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Rene in "ALLO `ALLO " with French Resistance springs to mind :lol:

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:53 pm

microlab wrote:
Rene in "ALLO `ALLO " with French Resistance springs to mind :lol:
I vill zay zese only once!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Dawie wrote:
shahzadbk wrote:Hi Gays,
Thanks
Residency I think.

CloggieVodka
Newly Registered

Post by CloggieVodka » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:13 am

Hi Guys,

Just to close off on this thread with an answer to the question:

The Irish Immigration Authorities (DoJ/INIS/GNIB) require that (as part of the EU1 application) the Non-EU Spouse has to have:

6 months legal and attested residency in an other EU state.
- though, I have seen only 3 months mentioned somewhere too.

This boils down to being able to provide a residency card ('green card') of another EU state. Where no residency cards are issued, official certificates confirming your residency and legal status in that EU country should be accepted.

Though, if you submit anything like a residency certificate, then you should (if you want them not to be able to dispute it) do the following:

1- Get an Apostille for that document (this makes the document 'legal' for use in other countries, both inside and outside the EU)

2- Get the document -including Apostille- translated by a certified translator

- Submit the original (with Apostille attached) and the translated version together with your other documents/application.

Somehow, I don't think the Apostille issue has been raised before.. in short, all it is, is a small certificate that will be attached to the original document, where it is stated that the relevant authorities confirm that the document is real and legal. mostly, this is provided at your local District Court or at the City/County Council office. In any case, the Apostille must always be issued in the country of origin of the document you submit. Alternatively, your embassy may provide the service (expect them to take time to do that and to charge for it).

This is also used for other documents, such as diplomas, birth certificates, etc.