ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding filing divorce in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sara110
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Advice regarding filing divorce in Ireland

Post by Sara110 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 am

Hello
I am so confused and depressed about my situation.I got married in Pakistan to a British guy. It was love marriage which my family didn’t approved. After 2 years of marriage I visited him in Ireland. He was working there and i told him i dont want to go back and want to live with you. I got EU4 visa in few months. But since i came here his behaviour ws so bad to me. And after one year he left me in Ireland and moved back to UK. I tried so much to make it work for 3 years. But he dont want to live with me.and i have now decided to go for divorce. My question is how can i file for divorce in Ireland and how it will affect my visa status and also will they ask my husband to come to court and be answerable for everything he did to me ?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Re: Advice regarding filing divorce in Ireland

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:57 am

For Clear Understanding:

Q: when you gt married year??
Q: when you moved to Ireland??
Q: when he moved from Ireland??
Q: From EU4 you mean STAMP4 EUFAM??
Q: Answerable for everything he did what you mean by that??

now back to your questions:
Ans1: In Ireland divorce is little difficult you need be separated for 4 out of 5 years.. so better to do divorce from Pakistan. its easy ther..
Ans2: you have no rights to be Ireland if your spouse left the state.. because your current permission drives from your EU spouse.
Ans3: the only way i'm seeing is divorce and after divorce apply for EU5 application.. but again problem is for EU5 you need to be married for at least 3 years and that time period your spouse should exercise his treaty rights (means Job, Study, business) in the state. and you should have all the documents(p60, Bank statements, PRTB lease etc).

Thanks,
Kind Regards,

Sara110
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sara110 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am married for 5 years now. I came after 2 years of my marriage in 2015. He left ireland in 2016 2 months after my visa. Yes i hve eu family stmp 4 visa.
Now i want to ahre what he did to me. He stopped me from hving kids. He used to leave me in ireland alone and going to London and staying there. Coming to see meadter months for a day or rarely a week. Telling me why i cant find a man for marriage. Recently i find out he has vasectomy. Now there is no reason to stay with him. Even i dont believe 3rd person who told me he has wife in uk and kids. Thats why he dont want me. Even his family dont k oe bout me and he dont want to tell them. We had rows on this too

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 am

First: I'm not sure your three year is completely done OR not.

Second: the day when he left the Ireland, it was on you to inform Department about your circumstance changes. because as I said previously you get permission to stay in state because of your EU spouse if he left your permission get invalid.

Third: 'about what he did to you' did you filled any written complaint in any of gov departments, i mean to say Garda, GNIB, COURT etc etc?? if you did this then I'll say its positive for you.. you can use the most powerful word mental harassment.. but remember you will need to prove this. you can't say just verbal things.

Fourth: As I said before in Ireland you will need to wait for 5 years out of 4 you need to be separated. time from your merrg registered in Ireland till now will count.. I suggest consider to divorce from pakistan? I know someone who divorce her EU-spouse without travelling to pakistan..

But again the biggest problem is he left the state and wasn't exercising his EU Treaty rights, which means your permission is already invalid. and suppose even you done the divorce and submit the EU5 still you will need to prove his activity in Ireland.. have a look below links.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-EUT ... -EUTR5.pdf
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... eaflet.pdf