ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Brexit,what will happen to family members of British citizens under EU route?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bippin
Malaysia

After Brexit,what will happen to family members of British citizens under EU route?

Post by Bippin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi all members
As topic , I am currently under process of permanent resident but after Brexit what will happen to us whose came under EU law .From what I read CTA will remain the same but what about EU, do we have to apply another scheme to continue the residency like “settle status”in U.K. or else? Anyone heard anything’s about this?. Thank you

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: After Brexit,what will happen to family members of British citizens under EU route?

Post by max307 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Hard to tell since the UK government itself and the EU do not have a clear plan yet for Brexit. It will be few months before we have a clear idea about what Brexit will change in the EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: After Brexit,what will happen to family members of British citizens under EU route?

Post by jul1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:18 pm

if u follow the news about brexit, u can clearly see that they have no clue what do they want and when.
so far the right of eu citizen will be retained till the end of 2020, and honestly i believe there is more and more chance that it will be like norway