ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amount of Time to Get Regular Work Visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nonEUwife
Newly Registered

Amount of Time to Get Regular Work Visa?

Post by nonEUwife » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm

I'm a non-EU spouse looking to move over to Ireland. My husband (EU citizen) is being transferred there with his job. I'm looking for a job before we move there. I know the EU spouse work visa is temporarily blocked, but what about a regular work visa? I saw the cost and requirements online, but what kind of time does it take to get one arranged?

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:01 pm

It took three months for my employer to apply for mine the first time. I think it's supposed to be eight weeks.

Good luck with it.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Platinum wrote:It took three months for my employer to apply for mine the first time. I think it's supposed to be eight weeks.

Good luck with it.
The current processing times are given on the entemp website - http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/. It appears to now take around 4-5 weeks for a work permit to be processed by the department from the date of receipt. It's quite a bit more efficient now than it was just a couple of months ago.