ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An Irish spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zsk_747
Ireland

An Irish spouse visa

Post by zsk_747 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm an Irish citizen through naturalisation and 2 little daughters are also an Irish citizen through FBR. My wife is non EU citizen and currently living outside (Pakistan) of an Ireland with kids.

I'm planning to bring my wife in Ireland on long stay visa along with kids. I have a job in here, 2 bedrooms house too on rent and have earned more than 40k already in last 2.6 years too.

So what are the chances to get the the long stay visa of my wife and how long will take too ?

Or do I need to apply for a visa ( parent of an Irish citizen child) rather than a spouse visa ?

Anyone has a suggestion or advice in relation to above query plz much appreciated .

Happy Christmas and New year.

comfort2004
Newly Registered
Belgium

Re: An Irish spouse visa

Post by comfort2004 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 am

I think you might be better off seeking an entry visa under the Zambrano principle. It will sure save you a lot in waiting times and since she is unquestionably the primary carer of EU citizen child, she has a fairly good shot in my view.

Spouse visa sure takes a long time, you might as well be ok under the parent of an Irish citizen child but I have no idea of how quickly those applications are processed.

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:20 am

Hi Comfort2004

Thanks for reply.

Any idea how to apply for a Zambrano visa online. Which option do I need to select while filling the application form.

And second is obviously spouse visa will take time and I have a proof of earned 40k, accomodation, also she is a primary care of kids as I have been living in here. As per spouse visa I have the required and supporting documents. But for Zambrano I do not know the requirement of documents and financial need.

Any idea?

Thanks

comfort2004
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by comfort2004 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:52 am

There are no financial requirements for a zambrano type application, the only requirement is that if your wife was to be refused entry, the children will be required to leave the EU, they are already outside of the EU and if she were to be refused entry, the children would be prevented from entering the EU as their primary carer has been denied entry. She would need evidence that shows she is the primary carer, evidence of your relationship and your activities in Ireland which will demonstrate that you reside in Ireland and obviously not the primary carer, evidence of relationship to the children, birth cert, letters from schools, Drs etc. You may have to write to eutreaty right section about how to make a zambrano entry visa application as I'm not sure this is currently provided for in the visa categories.

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm

zsk_747 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:58 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm an Irish citizen through naturalisation and 2 little daughters are also an Irish citizen through FBR. My wife is non EU citizen and currently living outside (Pakistan) of an Ireland with kids.

I'm planning to bring my wife in Ireland on long stay visa along with kids. I have a job in here, 2 bedrooms house too on rent and have earned more than 40k already in last 2.6 years too.

So what are the chances to get the the long stay visa of my wife and how long will take too ?

Or do I need to apply for a visa ( parent of an Irish citizen child) rather than a spouse visa ?

Anyone has a suggestion or advice in relation to above query plz much appreciated .

Happy Christmas and New year.
Hi
You can apply Irish Spouse visa hope fully your wife will get a visa in 3 months time time