Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

another question....

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:04 pm

another question....

Post by kamemurr » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Im from Peru and my husband from France but know he`s living and working in Dublin, Ireland.
Now, we`re waiting the irish consul`s answer to have the visa and be able to go to irland to join my husband.
I know that then i`ll have to give them my passport to make all the tramits for my green card and it will take like 6, in 6 months i`m not able to go anywhere....but... is possible to ask for a temporary passport or something like that if i want to go to France before the 6 months??because we are thinking to celebrate our religious wedding there, we are married here in Peru but only a Civil wedding.
If somebody knows about this, i`ll be very glad to have an idea...

Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:10 pm
Location: USCIS file cabinet bottom drawer probably

Post by cartaverde » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 am

you can ask them to send your documents back earlier.
if you apply for another passport your application would be cancelled.
so fax them the request to send your documents back early enough.

Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by rotung » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:32 pm

You might be allowed to send a certified copy of the passports and submit those as part of your application for an Irish Residence Card. Not sure though. The UK permits it for some types of home office applications, and it allows you to continue to travel while the application is being processed.

Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:13 am

Post by Erik84 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:41 pm

You don't need to send in passports. The EU 1 form says that you shall send in passport or national id.

My wife and me sent in national ids. Now the question is just how to get them back. Do any of you have the fax number and the phone number to the EU Treaty Rights Section - I can't seem to find it.


Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Babsie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:17 pm

from personal have to send either your passport or national ID in. YOU HAVE TO. It is a mandatory document that must be submitted with the application. If you need to travel while they process your application you need to request your passports back.
Beware it took about 3 months for us to get them back after we emailed, rang, sent faxes and letters and eventually a day before we were due to leave, we went in person to collect them back.
Beware so you can act well in advance!!!

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: Dublin

Post by kangpingxiaoting » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Is anyone know the FAX number of EU1 application office? I try to email, sent a register post to them to get my passport back, but there is no reply back yet. What should I do now?