ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application to citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noname56
Newly Registered
Ireland

Application to citizenship

Post by Noname56 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 pm

Hello there! :D

I wondering if someone has information about the application to the citizenship. I got last year my permanent residency I send a bunch of documents in which some I have to sent as originals.
For the citizenship I see they are asking the same but this documents should be already in their register a many of them I do not have them :( .Do you know if the process for those who has permanent residency is different?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Application to citizenship

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 pm

Noname56 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 pm
Do you know if the process for those who has permanent residency is different?
Permanent residency is naturalization application; PR is immigration application. They're dealt with in different departments of ISD and I wouldn't expect them to share this information between each other. Maybe they could. but they wouldn't, since it's up to you to show you're eligible.

There's no shortcuts for PR holders. You'd have to send whichever they ask for.

If they were originals of things like birth cert, ISD would have to work out a way to return them. What kind of documents are you missing?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.