ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a Late Registration of Birth

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FlyingMum

Applying for a Late Registration of Birth

Post by FlyingMum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 pm

I’ve started this separate thread - if it’s ok - about LRB because my mothers birth was never registered, although she has got a baptism certificate from Cork. I’ve applied, with supporting documentation and am awaiting a reply.

If it’s any help, I was supplied with a contact number from the GRO Roscommon, in case of queries:

090 6632900

I know several people on here have not had much success with contact through the email address.

FlyingMum

Re: Applying for a Late Registration of Birth

Post by FlyingMum » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 am

To give an idea of dates time/turnaround, I posted my completed application form and supporting documents on 8/6. I received a letter confirming that mum’s birth had now been formally registered together with instructions on how to apply online for a copy of her birth certificate on 21/6, so not too bad.

The most cumbersome part of the whole process was actually sourcing a notary/peace commissioner/justice of the peace who could sign my declaration that the information I was supplying was legit and I was who I said I was.