ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Irish Visa from UK (Overstayer)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Applying for Irish Visa from UK (Overstayer)

Post by samwise1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:03 pm

Hi All,

I'm married to an EU partner who got a settled status in the UK. We both live together everything is in order documents wise too.

The only issue is I'm an overstayer we just want to get back to our life within the UK it's looking increasingly difficult and expensive. More likely I'll be destitute before they will make their decision.

I would like to know whether I can apply for an Irish visa from within the UK and sort my issues out.

Plz no snarky comments I'm just looking for help! Yes mistakes were made and now I'm trying to find redemption somehow hope not asking for much.

Will appreciate your help :)

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Applying for Irish Visa from UK (Overstayer)

Post by mentalmind » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:16 pm

No snarky comments as you requested. UK and Irish authorities share information for visa etc. And you will have to declare that you are overstayer in UK. It's been some time since I applied for UK visa but you have to mention your current residence permit and show proof of it when you apply for any type of visa. So it will be realized really fast that you are breaking your residency or visa terms which will cause you getting Irish visa. So I doubt there will be a positive outcome from your visa application.

Totally unrelated, Ireland is also in bad situation with things being more expensive and with current housing crisis. So grass isn't greener over here unfortunately.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Thanks, bud :) That was as honest as it comes!

Well, I've already declared I'm an overstayer when I applied for the EUSS scheme within the UK but I wasn't eligible for it as we married after 30th Dec 20 so they refused it.

So now it's about finding solutions hence Irish route was considered by my mates who also reside in Ireland.

And yes you're correct grass isn't greener over there. At least if everything works out this route I can happily contribute something towards society. Atm hands are fully tied up :(

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:45 pm

As stated above, you need to provide the residence permit that shows your status in the UK; I applied for UK visa and did have to enclose my IRP card, so vice versa should apply.
If you do want to get back into the legal status, you'll probably have to go to your home country or whatever one has visa free regime for long enough to get a decision, but chances are you'll be left there without a positive decisions are rather high, unfortunately.
There is a twenty years route to get a permission to stay and another ten to settlement if you're interested in that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:05 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:45 pm
There is a twenty years route to get a permission to stay and another ten to settlement if you're interested in that.
In the UK; in Ireland there's nothing that comes up immediately for overstayers to legalize, besides Undocumented scheme which opens.... sometimes and there was one recently, so not much hope for that; hope you're not planning to overstay in ROI anyway.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Yes, I'm just going through the requirements for the Irish visa and then take step by step from that point.

That is a massive issue if I go back and don't come back. I'm married now so need to think about life too :(

The issue with 20 years is that I'm only into my 12th year being undocumented for another 8 yrs just doesn't make any sense at least I'm trying to fix it.

Nah no chance of overstaying again!