ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Passport after Citizenship Ceremony but before receiving Naturalisation Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Applying for Passport after Citizenship Ceremony but before receiving Naturalisation Certificate

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:40 pm

Hi Guys! Can you shed light if it is permissible to apply for Irish passport after attending ceremony but before receiving actual Naturalisation Certificate. Applicant has to travel outside the country after ceremony and will stay outside for few months. Their spouse can submit the certificate to Passport office later when they receive it.
Reason i am asking this is that there is a confirmation needed at the end of passport application that applicant has received certificate while they are completing this application. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Passport after Citizenship Ceremony but before receiving Naturalisation Certificate

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:00 pm

Reason i am asking this is that there is a confirmation needed at the end of passport application that applicant has received certificate while they are completing this application.
This very clearly answers your question!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Applying for Passport after Citizenship Ceremony but before receiving Naturalisation Certificate

Post by littlerr » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:00 pm

As CR001 has pointed out, that is a very clear instruction.

Gardai will not sign your application unless you bring the original certificate with you. An approval letter or anything else will not suffice.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:59 pm

Thank you both!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:02 pm

To give an update on this, dfa's website now asks for certificate number and date of certificate before you proceed with your application (it wasn't like that before). So it won't be possible to apply for passport actually without a naturalization cert.

Also now, it says they do accept certificated copy of naturalization cert if it's coloured copy and certified by a solicitor or notary public (only this 2 names mentioned).

When I went to Garda station they just asked for my ID and didn't ask anything about naturalization cert.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:53 pm

That's great news if they're accepting certified copies of certificates.