ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter but GNIB expired

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boyland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Approval letter but GNIB expired

Post by boyland » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 pm

I got citizenship approval yesterday but my GNIB card expired last month, waiting for renewal as I have submitted for EU3 and waiting for approval. Can I submit the expired card or wait for the approval of EU3 to come through.

Many thanks

Boyland

irish786
Ireland

Re: Approval letter but GNIB expired

Post by irish786 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:05 pm

when did u apply for eu3 can u explain your timeline please did u get any temporary stamp

boyland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by boyland » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Applied july 2017
second letter November 2017
Approval April 2018

Got acknowledgement from EU-treaty that and that all document complete and will be decided as soon as possible but not stated in the letter to get temporary stamp

Rcrowley32
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rcrowley32 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 am

I submitted my expired card, as there was no ceremony date yet when I got approval. Didn’t have any problems. I would say just send the expired card to make sure you get the next ceremony.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am

Hey Boyland,

Congratulations! Unfortunately, you will need to wait for you to get your EU3 stamp so that you can send it to them along with your €950 fee. I don't think that they will accept expired stamp as the main reason why they ask for the stamp in the first place is to determine whether you are legal or otherwise prior to given you citizenship and once your stamp expires that means that you have no status, which equal to illegal residents, which inturn means ineligibility to getting citizenship.

Dupalsky

boyland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by boyland » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Rcrowley32 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 am
I submitted my expired card, as there was no ceremony date yet when I got approval. Didn’t have any problems. I would say just send the expired card to make sure you get the next ceremony.
Hi Rcrowley32, when did your card expired?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 am

boyland wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:23 pm
Rcrowley32 wrote:
You can clearly see that he submitted when they were no ceremony date thats the key.

Now i also submitted my card and that expired after i submitted it. but at the time i submitted no ceremony was made official so they let me get away with.

For you its different you clearly know ceremony date and you permit must be valid on ceremony date.

I see that like you me you are waiting for EU3 , did you request extension from gnib ?

boyland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by boyland » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm

broli wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 am
boyland wrote:
Rcrowley32 wrote:
You can clearly see that he submitted when they were no ceremony date thats the key.

Now i also submitted my card and that expired after i submitted it. but at the time i submitted no ceremony was made official so they let me get away with.

For you its different you clearly know ceremony date and you permit must be valid on ceremony date.

I see that like you me you are waiting for EU3 , did you request extension from gnib ?
Hi,

Many thanks. I have since submitted my application and waiting for extension

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

boyland wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm
broli wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 am
boyland wrote:
Rcrowley32 wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks. I have since submitted my application and waiting for extension

Before you temporary visa expired you could have gone to Garda in order to request an temporary extension while waiting for EU3 :shock: did you do that ?

max2211
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by max2211 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Same things happend with me
I have applied for 10 year stamp4 eufm.
My old card was expired.i went to gnib desk in dublin and told to gnib officer that i have applied for my stamp 4 eu fm, and its over 6 months, no descion make by eu treaty section.
I request to gnib officer to issue me a temporary stamp untill my descion come but he refused me and told me that i should send email to eu treaty rights if they issue a temporary permission then we can give u temporary visa untill final descion.
So my final descion come after 8 months so i got 10 year visa.

zvz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by zvz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:03 am

Rcrowley32 wrote:
Clever you, but it is not going to work out just like this (see here).