ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum for South Africans and their financial situation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tia
Newly Registered
South Africa

Asylum for South Africans and their financial situation

Post by Tia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi all, I am a single mother, my daughter of 13 years and my mother stay with me. In SA things are going from bad to worse and there has been multiple calls for a genocide, I must now make the choice to stay in S.A. or seek asylum. I am by no means a wealthy person but I do have the funds to be able to buy a cheap property in ireland or maybe even two properties and support myself and my family. I have gathered much info regarding asylum, however I can't find any info about those who seek asylum who are able to support themself. I was recently told by a person who is himself is unsure about this matter, that if I opened a Irish bank account and deposit all my funds in there and then go over to ireland seeking asylum, that the Irish goverment will take all my money😯😯 this is a mayor worry if this is the case. I feel that I can atleast be of less of a burden to the Irish people if I claim asylum and can support myself my mother and my daughter. Surely the tax payers of Ireland shouldn't be paying towards asylum seekers who can support themselves. I as a future asylum seeker am begging for protection of persecution for my daughter, my mother and myself without costing the Irish ppl any financial loss. So my qyestion is, Will the Irish government take the funds if I have a Irish bank account. I was in contact with The bank of Ireland earlier this week and it's very simple to open a account from S.A.. but now I am worried to transfer funds if it so happens that it will be taken once I get to Ireland and seek asylum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Asylum for South Africans and their financial situation

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Unfortunately, Ireland amended their Safe Country List earlier this year and South African is now added :

"designated
as a safe country of origin for the purposes of the International Protection Act 2015 (No. 66 of 2015).
"

http://ipo.gov.ie/en/IPO/SI%20No%20121% ... 202018.pdf

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/as ... ligibility
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparklingcyder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sparklingcyder » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm

I know that Russia is offering political asylum to South Africans afraid of genocide. This might be an option. Ireland is very expensive. I would advise you to seek asylum elsewhere in the European Union.

https://www.rt.com/business/432375-russ ... a-farmers/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:34 pm

sparklingcyder wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm
I know that Russia is offering political asylum to South Africans afraid of genocide. This might be an option. Ireland is very expensive. I would advise you to seek asylum elsewhere in the European Union.

https://www.rt.com/business/432375-russ ... a-farmers/
Farmers, not the general public of South Africa, as the article clearly states and as Australia has also done for FARMERS.

Yes there is crime in SA but it is not going through a war or civil war etc. No 'advice against all travel' has been issued by EU governments either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.