ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank draft

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rayenbenfraj
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Bank draft

Post by Rayenbenfraj » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:07 am

Hi im a non-eu and my wife she's an Irish citizen we live in northern ireland i entered with british spouse visa back in 2013 we decided to go through irish route to save ourselves few quids i sent my application for naturalisation in may 2019 along with all documents needed and we sent a bank draft from halifax we received our passports back after few weeks then nothing else after that. yesterday i received a letter from halifax saying that the draft has not been presented for payment, from what we can understand the department of justice and equality did not left the money ,does that mean they didn't process my application ? Or when they will? Im confused
Thank you

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Bank draft

Post by Bealtaine » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:42 am

It could mean that your application has not been processed yet.
Have a look at the 2019 timeline in this form.
I would call and enquire with them to clarify if there are uncertainties.
You’d have heard from them if the payment couldn’t be processed yet, the same way you got yours passports back. It took me 16 weeks to get a reference number and receipt of payment and had called twice previously only to be told that it wasn’t processed yet.
Might be worthwhile going ahead with the British route too due to all this uncertainty. Nothing wrong with both.
According to a recent court ruling, people from Northern Ireland are apparently British until they give up their British citizenship which goes against the Good Friday agreement.

Rayenbenfraj
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: Bank draft

Post by Rayenbenfraj » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:23 am

The problem with the british it cost a leg and a shoulder and when i was granted my first visa my wife was exempt from financial requirement and then when i was due to renew our circumstances has changed and we couldnt meet the £18.600 so they put me on 10 years route then when i renewed again i was making that amout myself so they put me back on 5 years and every time they reset counter and i start all over again