ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Because of CoronaVirus I m stuck outside of ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Because of CoronaVirus I m stuck outside of ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi guys

I dont know from here to start but I have moved to ireland in 2018 and joined my irish wife there and have Stamp 4 at the moment which is due to expire in 2 years....my problem is recently I came back home to visit my family for one month and when I was getting ready to go back to my wife in ireland all flights to my country being cancelled because of this Coronavirus and now there is a ban of flights so I m stuck here not knowing when this will be over ,my question is I know that much people say you should not stay outside ireland for more tha 90 days but because i cant control this then i dont know really when i can be able to travel so here is my questions :

1-What will happen if I still stuck here in my country for more than 90 days ?will I get denied entry when travelling to Dublin ?
2-have any one of you being outside ireland for more than 3 months and was still able to get back to ireland without any problems ?

3-what would you guys recommend me ? Please help me because mentally I m at breakdown and I dont know what to do .

Thanks alot

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Because of CoronaVirus I m stuck outside of ireland

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:13 pm

There is no flight ban. There is no ban on Irish residents including spouses of Irish citizens either. The only people that are banned are non-EU citizens who are not ordinarily resident in Ireland.

My colleague (Irish citizen) and his wife (Brazilian citizen) just came back from their holiday in Brazil yesterday. They flew from Rio to Amsterdam the day before, and then from Amsterdam to Dublin. Their original flight from Amsterdam to Dublin was cancelled, but they were changed to a different flight on the next day, and they arrived in Dublin last night.

According to Dublin Airport website, around half of the flights are still expected to arrive this evening.

Where are you flying from?

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm

I m sorry but m not talking about ban from ireland ,I m from Morocco and there is a ban for flights in/out of the country

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Alright in this case I guess you just have to write to the SOIN unit and explain your situation. It shouldn’t cause any issue when you come back after the lockdown, but you will want them to have a record in their system so that it doesn’t cause any trouble when you try to renew your stamp or apply for citizenship later.

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm

You meant even if it lasts more than 3 months ? Cause I heard that if someone stays more than 3 months outside of ireland their stamp will be cancelled and will be denied entry at the airport .

Thanks alot for your reply

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 am

You wouldn’t be denied entry for things out of your control.

Just remember to keep a copy of your government notice where it says no flights in or out between certain days, just in case the immigration officer wants to know why you are outside of the state.

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:41 am

I have 3 flight reservations and 3 emails from Ryanair saying that my flights are cancelled due to Coronavirus....would that help as well?

Has anyone stayed outside ireland for more than 3 months and were still able to get back to ireland without any problem? Considering that my irish wife is in Ireland .

I hope you guys help me with this because I m panicking and dont know what to expect or do

Thanks alot

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 am

Also on the Dfa website it says this :
"
On 15 March, the Kingdom of Morocco announced that it has decided to suspend, until further notice, all international passenger flights to and from its territory. The decision is part of precautionary measures being taken by Morocco in response to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak"

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice ... s/morocco/

Lostintheocean
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostintheocean » Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 am

Thanks for your help