ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by ryuzaki » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks, I'm in a similar situation to you and very much looking forward to hearing all the details as I am about to do it myself.

I'm really glad your family was re-united, and I wish you all the best.

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:41 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:13 pm
Thanks, I'm in a similar situation to you and very much looking forward to hearing all the details as I am about to do it myself.

I'm really glad your family was re-united, and I wish you all the best.
Thanks Ryuzaki, I hope yours is able to be re-united too! I'll hopefully get something posted Thursday or Friday :)

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:03 am

So, the process I took to obtain a C Visa for my Non-EU Spouse living in Azerbaijan, Baku was as follows;

Documents I supplied:
  • Copy of my passport
  • My letter to invite my Spouse (Mentioned I'm exercising my EU Rights, where I'm living, our plan of action, where I work and what I earn)
  • My Rental Contract
  • My Work Contract
  • Utility Bill to show my address (Did my Internet bill)
  • 6 Months UK Bank Statements & 2 Ireland (They mentioned it can be 6 months prior to Ireland, so in my case it was the UK, but I gave 2 in Ireland just in-case)
  • 2 Payslips from Ireland
  • Evidence of Relationship (Pictures, Flights, Hotels, Money Transfers)
  • Questionnaire (Supplied by Embassy - just further questions for yourself)
Documents my Spouse supplied:
  • Her Current & Previous passport
  • 2 Photographs
  • Her letter why she's coming (Just explained how she's looking to join me)
  • ORIGINAL Marriage Document
  • 2 Months Bank Statements
  • Travel Insurance to cover the duration
  • Visa Application
That's it really, I know there's a lot there although this is a checklist that got confirmed by the Irish Embassy in Ankara. Now I'm not 100% sure if they ask for this just so they make sure you have all the information, although it's better to give more than not give much at all I believe.

I know some people have said you don't need to give many documents, although I believe you should supply anything you can - you never know what deciding officer you may get!
  • After my Spouse handed over all these documents, VFS sent it from Baku to Ankara and that took 3-4 days.
  • Ankara Embassy then took 21 days to make a decision.
  • After the decision was made it took another 3-4 days to get back to Baku.
Now we've just purchased our one-way flight to Ireland :D

If you need any questions answered or are unsure about something, just ask away!

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 pm

First of all congratulations for geting to reunited with your wife.
Second thank you for all this amazing information.
I have some questions which I really need to ask.
1-my wife is britsh and we want to move to Ireland to be together because of the hard requirements for uk .but we don't know where to start as she still in England. Also I have applied from visit visa which got rejected by uk 2 years ago it was bussniess visit which I been issued 3 times before and in forth time got refused anyway do I need to mention that when I apply in ireland or not?
Also what to writ in the application as it says duration of stay what langth shall I put?
Also can we apply whens we get place in ireland or we need to wait till my wife get job and then apply.
Much appreciated for your time
Thanks on advanced

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm

adamson wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 pm
First of all congratulations for geting to reunited with your wife.
Second thank you for all this amazing information.
I have some questions which I really need to ask.
1-my wife is britsh and we want to move to Ireland to be together because of the hard requirements for uk .but we don't know where to start as she still in England. Also I have applied from visit visa which got rejected by uk 2 years ago it was bussniess visit which I been issued 3 times before and in forth time got refused anyway do I need to mention that when I apply in ireland or not?
Also what to writ in the application as it says duration of stay what langth shall I put?
Also can we apply whens we get place in ireland or we need to wait till my wife get job and then apply.
Much appreciated for your time
Thanks on advanced
Thanks Adamson!

You can apply for the Visa before your wife is in Ireland, just make sure you're travelling there with her. It mentions you can accompany or join.

Duration of stay is something I never got queried for, are you doing your Visa through the AVATS website? https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome.aspx

The duration of stay on my Wifes Visa says 'XX' for days, as there is no duration of stay, our plan was to get the C Visa (Join Family of EU/EEA Spouse) and then apply with the EU1 Form. On the AVATS application you don't need to select a return date.

If they ask for any previous issues of Visas, accepted or declined you must mention them.

Let me know if there's anything else!

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Thank you again so it's clear I should mention any refuse I had and I can apply even if my wife in uk
Does we just need a dress in ireland only?
Also in visa application says data of travel and data of leaving so I should put x only does they need any chat screen shot as what's or messanger we have preperd so much in word file incase they need it.
Many thanks

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by ryuzaki » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks so much for that information, Michael. It's very useful and appreciated.

Like you I plan to move to Ireland by myself first, so it's good to know that the process doesn't take too long.

The INIS website seems to imply that you can apply for the visa before your EEA national spouse has actually gone to Ireland:

"that you will be accompanying or joining that citizen who is exercising free movement rights in Ireland or provide a declaration or statement of confirmation that the citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of your arrival in Ireland."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... s+citizens

It would be great to be able to apply ahead of time, but I do wonder if there is a risk of rejection if the EEA national is not already in Ireland exercising their rights.

Overall this is a very positive outcome though, and has given me confidence that I am on the right track leaving the UK.

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:58 pm

adamson wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm
Thank you again so it's clear I should mention any refuse I had and I can apply even if my wife in uk
Does we just need a dress in ireland only?
Also in visa application says data of travel and data of leaving so I should put x only does they need any chat screen shot as what's or messanger we have preperd so much in word file incase they need it.
Many thanks
Yup, be sure to always mention any refusals or acceptances :)

I put a date of travel, so ideally we'd have liked my wife to come on March 23rd so I put that down and I left leaving date blank.

I didn't bother with chat screen shot, I was going to but I thought that photos with my wife in all the different countries we visited was good enough! I gave some documents just to prove that our marriage is genuine, so our marriage document, photos of us in Spain, Prague, Baku etc and financial support.

Fingers crossed!
ryuzaki wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 pm
Thanks so much for that information, Michael. It's very useful and appreciated.

Like you I plan to move to Ireland by myself first, so it's good to know that the process doesn't take too long.

The INIS website seems to imply that you can apply for the visa before your EEA national spouse has actually gone to Ireland:

"that you will be accompanying or joining that citizen who is exercising free movement rights in Ireland or provide a declaration or statement of confirmation that the citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of your arrival in Ireland."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... s+citizens

It would be great to be able to apply ahead of time, but I do wonder if there is a risk of rejection if the EEA national is not already in Ireland exercising their rights.

Overall this is a very positive outcome though, and has given me confidence that I am on the right track leaving the UK.
No worries Ryuzaki.

Yup that information from the INIS website is correct, you can apply before or after - I knew about this before my relocation to Ireland although I thought it'd be best to get setup here, so I got a job and accommodation after around... 2-3 months of searching.

As far as I can remember from what I've been told there is no risk of rejection if the EEA national is not in Ireland yet because the EEA national and Non-EU national will travel together to Ireland to start exercising those rights. This is due to the line "wishes to accompany or join an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen family member who is moving to or residing in Ireland pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC,"

I'd say there's no worry as they state that you can accompany and move to Ireland under the Directive 2004/38/EC - just be sure to state that on your invitation letter :)

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by ryuzaki » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks so much Michael. Really. I've been having panic attacks over this and it feels like the Home Office is trying to break us up or put me six feet under. Just the added confidence that I can do this, I can move to Ireland and reunite my family is of great comfort.

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Thank you very much MichaelTN I am looking forward to join my wife soon now after finding difficult in uk many thanks for all the information

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:52 am

You're both welcome!

It was a lot of stress for me too although I believe that it's not as daunting as other people make it out to be. As long as you have the documents you will be all set and good to go. Ireland certainly is a lovely place to live too, really enjoying my time here.

If you need any further help be sure to contact me, you can private message me too if need be!

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Good evening,
Can you plz explain how the invitation letter should look like?
Regarding the travel insurance how long does in need to be ?
Is that problem if I book on way ticket as planing to live there while I am applying for the embbasy and travelling or return ticket better?
also we got place to live in ireland can I apply or my wife need job first?
What can I do while I am there can I work or I need to wait till I get eu resident card?
What document do I need to apply while I there and when can I apply?

Thank you very much MichaelTN it's so many to ask and I really appreciate your time

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by ryuzaki » Thu May 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Michael, I'd really love to hear any updates on this. I hope things are going well for you.

danishgirl
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by danishgirl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Michael,

Out of all the short stay 'C' visas , which one of these did you go for?

Tourist visa

Business visa

Family or friends visa

Conference or event visa

Employment (Atypical Working Scheme) visa

Exam visa

Internship visa

Join ship visa

Marriage visa

Medical treatment visa

Performance or tournament visa

Training visa

Visa for non-EU/EEA & non-Swiss citizen travelling with EU/EEA/Swiss family

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello I have question here
Does they need certified copy of my eu spouse passport?
Can u just have scanned of the document they need and print them off or it need to be sent by post?

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm

danishgirl wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 pm
Hi Michael,

Out of all the short stay 'C' visas , which one of these did you go for?

Tourist visa

Business visa

Family or friends visa

Conference or event visa

Employment (Atypical Working Scheme) visa

Exam visa

Internship visa

Join ship visa

Marriage visa

Medical treatment visa

Performance or tournament visa

Training visa

Visa for non-EU/EEA & non-Swiss citizen travelling with EU/EEA/Swiss family
I went for the Family Visa.

MichaelTN
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by MichaelTN » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm

adamson wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Hello I have question here
Does they need certified copy of my eu spouse passport?
Can u just have scanned of the document they need and print them off or it need to be sent by post?
I wouldn't be sure Adamson, it's best to ask which Embassy it's being sent to.

The Embassy in Ankara wanted a physical copy of my non-eu spouse passport, but a certified copy of mine (eu citizen)

adamson
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Egypt

Re: British Citizen living in Ireland - bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland.

Post by adamson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks Michael,
I have chosen Family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens (spouse )is that wrong one?
Cause you said you went for family or friend?

Locked
cron