ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Burg Quay interviews

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Burg Quay interviews

Post by Dub_singer1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi

I’m a first time poster here and am wondering what the financial requirements are for myself and my wife at our interview.
Currently I am on the PUP payment and she is on a D Visa. Just filling out the forms at the moment and noticed that there is a requirement for an agreed up to date assessment from the Revenue. As the 2019 requirement is not due until mid November, would anyone know if 2018 is sufficient.
As far as I am aware the Revenue will not agree to do any preliminary assessment before then.

Thanks in advance!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Burg Quay interviews

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 pm

You need to provide more information.

What's your nationality? What is your wife's permission based on? There are apparently different document requirements for spouses of Irish, non-Irish EU, and non-EU nationals.

Then what is the '2019 assessment' that you are talking about? Are you self-employed?

Finally, what interview are you referring to? I presume you just want her to get her first permission stamp?

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dub_singer1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi

Thank you for your reply!
Yes I’m a self employed musician. I’m Irish and she’s Russian.
Tax returns are due for online submission mid November annually. Until then the Revenue doesn’t sign off on them. The last certified tax assessment is for 2018, apparently the same one that the PUP payment is based on.

We are due a first time interview in a few weeks in the DOJ offices on Burgh Quay for a Residence permit in order for her to apply for a Work permit.
If that’s what you are referring to as a Permission Stamp then yes.

Having spent a year waiting for the D Visa I don’t want to submit the wrong information to the DOJ. My business has been devastated By COVID and the apparent implication of the application form I’m looking at is that I am able to provide for her financially on the PUP payment.

So I need to know which year they require for tax assessment. Maybe some indication of what to expect at the interview as I can’t find any guidelines other than the application form online.

Many thanks.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 am

She is NOT on a D visa. That was the piece of paper that she used to enter the country. That's all a visa is. Right now she has temporary permission of whatever she was given at the airport.

INIS won't expect tax returns that aren't due yet, they know how revenue works. The problem is that to get the join spouse visa you needed to show you were earning 40k a year, but now you are not, and you are reliant on public funds, so as it stands your wife is not entitled to the residence permission you want. The variable factor is how Residence is dealing with PUP and Covid, which is unknown.

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dub_singer1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks for your reply. I was unaware that the D Visa on her passport was not a visa.

So really unless there is no policy available online from INIS I am to assume that there is no way of knowing whether they will grant her permission to stay.

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:43 am

I’m still unsure what the ‘interview’ is. Is it just the first-time registration? Or did someone specifically tell you that you have to do an ‘interview’ there?

A first-time registration is very simple. They take your details, run through a very quick check, and take her fingerprints and photo. Since she has got a D visa, I don’t think they will ask a lot of questions. Of course there’s no guarantee - you might get an officer that wants to question every single piece of your history, although I don’t think they would want to spend any unnecessary extra time with people in the current situation.

PUP payment is fine per government policies. That will not negatively affect her registration.

This is the list of items you should prepare:
- tax assessment from Revenue
- registration letter for self-assessment of income tax
- Certificate from Companies Registration Office
- Sales/Service invoices for the last 6 months
- Corresponding bank statements for the business for the last 6 months
- Marriage certificate
- bank statements/utility bills showing you are living in the same place

If your business has been negatively impacted, you should consider including more invoices before that 6 months period, to prove that your business satisfied the requirement before COVID-19 came.

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dub_singer1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am

The interview is an appointment in the Burgh Quay office. I assumed that it was an interview as we both must attend.
The history part is fine. We did a comprehensive presentation for the D Visa application and I will being full copies of everything.

The financial problem is major. I deal in specific high end corporate entertainment and that has been wiped out with no prospect of coming back without a vaccine.

Thank you for that list it’s actually a huge help. I own my own apartment outright. It’s just a massive concern that my work records and bank statements are so poor this year.

I’ll take that information and assemble What I can.

Thank you again that’s been a great help!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Right it's not an interview. It's essentially the formality of putting her details into the national immigration system - passport details, fingerprints, photo, address, type of permission etc. A person with D visa is essentially pre-vetted, so I doubt that they would try to hassle you too much there.

Some other things you may want to demonstrate:
- you have never used social benefit before (except for PUP),
- you have a bit savings to cover you two for the next while,
- you are a property owner,
- you are trying your best to get back to the business.

You don't need to gather paper proof if you don't have one, but just be prepared to tell the officer when asked (although I don't think they will be bothered).

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dub_singer1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Thank you and I’ll definitely post here with the outcome.

Absolutely wonderful to meet someone probably for the first time in this whole saga with clear, succinct and relevant advice. This has been tough and the uncertainty can be overwhelming sometimes.

Very much appreciated.

jlad

Post by jlad » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi,

if you want you could go to the link below and I have shared me experience on me first time registration a year ago in burgh quay.
All in all, it was just a very straight forward process and was only been asked to provide proof of address and thats it. Think the whole registration at the booth took less than 5 mins and was chatting away with the officer. I was shocked how easy and relaxed the whole process was. My whole experience from arriving into the country at Dublin Airport to registration in Burgh Quay has been swift and super easy with very little questions even being asked. No hassle at all. We didn't being asked about jobs or tax revenue etc nothing like that, just proof of address which we provided bank statement thats all.

I was given 3 years stamp on first registration although I was told by inis before arriving in ireland it will be just 1 year stamp for first time registration and renewable to a 3 year stamp after a year. Not sure if this has something to do with me being a non visa required national or just being lucky.

Hope this helps!

ireland/join-irish-spouse-how-long-married-t289303.html

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Dub_singer1 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am
Thanks for your reply. I was unaware that the D Visa on her passport was not a visa.

So really unless there is no policy available online from INIS I am to assume that there is no way of knowing whether they will grant her permission to stay.

Thank you
The D visa in her passposrt is obviously a D visa. However that is how she GOT here. Once she landed, that visa is done. At immigration at the airport, she got an immigration permission stamp.

A VISA gets someone into the country.
A RESIDENCE PERMISSION is how they stay in the country.
Nobody is living in Ireland on this visa or that visa.

How can people not understand this basic fact?

Dub_singer1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dub_singer1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you all for your help. It’s a relief to finally get some information, particularly at this difficult time. You’re doing a great job!
I’m checking out that link jlad!