ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a work permit be re-tested and deprived?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

li
Newly Registered

Can a work permit be re-tested and deprived?

Post by li » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Hello,
Probably my questions is a bit strange!!!
But would be great if anyone could advice me.

I'm in face to a very bad situation that I will loose a job because of a work permit holder...

This work permit holder from non-EU country is working with me and doing the same role (i.e Clerical and administrative office jobs...) but not doing any "specialities". According to the work permit rules, "You must have the qualifications, skills and experience required for the job" and what she is doing is deffinitely "ineligible" occupation. Furthermore, she even doesn't have the 3rd level of quolification.

So why the employer applyed a work permit for her? Because she is in a strong conection to the president of the company... She even receives 1000 EUR per week doing the office job!

My question is, if her application is not true and what she is doing is not the fact filling out the application form, would it be re-tested by Department of Enterprise? and if it is not completeness, would her work permit be derived?

Or still in Irealnd, "conection" works?

I will loose my job because there wouldnt need 2 persons in the same posision...

Thanks,
Li

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:03 am

You mention the person concerned is a non-EU national. So it depends when she first got a work permit because the rules don't generally apply to those who obtain work permits before the rule change, however there are some exceptions.

1000 euro per week is a fairly good salary to get, are you sure this is based solely on 'connections'? Also are you An EU/EEA citizen (including Bulgarian and Romanian)?

She might be eligible under a category that you are not aware of such as spousal/dependent work permit, permission to remain as the parent of an Irish citizen, refugee, humanitarian leave to remain, family reunification etc or marriage to an EU citizen- in which case any job may be done and the list of ineligible occupations dont apply.

The Irish like to portray themselves as modern and non-corrupt like most EU countries, and corruption is certainly much lower than it once was however it is a small island nation and it definitely helps to have connections. Having said that in which country does connections not matter?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 am

I'm in face to a very bad situation that I will loose a job because of a work permit holder...
Are you suggesting that you want to report this person to the authorities and grass them out so that you can save your job?

Why don't you just mind your own business and find a new job if you don't like the current state of affairs instead of being a meddling busybody? Quite frankly your work collegues immigration status is none of your business.

And so what if you lose your job? Just find another one. No one likes a tittle-tale.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Dawie wrote:
Are you suggesting that you want to report this person to the authorities and grass them out so that you can save your job?

Why don't you just mind your own business and find a new job if you don't like the current state of affairs instead of being a meddling busybody? Quite frankly your work collegues immigration status is none of your business.

And so what if you lose your job? Just find another one. No one likes a tittle-tale.
Dawie --

I'd call this rather clearly over the line of commentary/advice.

I'd characterize it as outright abuse.

Please dial it back a few notches.

It is perfectly legal to report possibly illegal activities an/or abuse of immigration systems, if such can be clearly ascertained.

The Admin