ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i travel to Ireland with current leave in the UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Can i travel to Ireland with current leave in the UK

Post by CobanTurk » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Dear Folks,

I have current leave to remain till 2022 under ECAA as a Turkish Businessperson visa.

I want to travel to turkey and i am planning to go to Turkey through Ireland/Dublin with my current leave in the UK do i need a visa to travel to Ireland? Do i need a visa for Ireland ?

Thanks

Note : I could not find the right place to create the topic so if it is under the wrong section kindly move anywhere its releavent.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Can i travel to Ireland with current leave in the UK

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Hello

Dubin is the capital of Ireland (Republic of Ireland). Republic of Ireland is an EU country such as France, Spain or Germany.

You need a Schengen visa in this case. Your UK residence won't be enough.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Can i travel to Ireland with current leave in the UK

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:41 pm

You need an Irish visa in 90% of cases. Not Schengen visa.

You can transit through Ireland without a visa if and only if you fly from the UK into Dublin airport Terminal 2 between 4am and 4pm, and leave on the same day from Terminal 2. Your ticket must have been purchased on the same reservation and your luggage checked in directly to the final destination. This is the only permitted circumstance where you won't go through immigration control.