ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my firend ( British) bring he mom to Ireland with her UK family visitor visa and apply under family of eea/eu here?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bippin
Malaysia

Can my firend ( British) bring he mom to Ireland with her UK family visitor visa and apply under family of eea/eu here?

Post by Bippin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi
First of all , this is my friend story not mine. She want to bring her mom to live with her here for good as her mom visa ( ILR I guess)was refused in UK . At the moment she is self employed here and pay tax and so on like the others but first mistake that my friend made was apply an visa D type for her mom and got refuse and i told her she need to apply for visa type C and register here within 3 months . Now after 2 refusals one from UK and one from Ireland ,it wil make her mom case more complicated than it is? If so can her mom come here with uk visitor visa and then apply for EU1 residence permit here? Thank you.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: Can my firend ( British) bring he mom to Ireland with her UK family visitor visa and apply under family of eea/eu he

Post by Granista » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 pm

No, she can't.

Lj0123

Re: Can my firend ( British) bring he mom to Ireland with her UK family visitor visa and apply under family of eea/eu he

Post by Lj0123 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm

How is she going to apply for an Irish residence card on a UK visitor visa? Think about it.

And from what I have seen, UK and Ireland share immigration information so INIS will see you have tried the UK twice.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Because I saw some posters here quite while ago ( but I couldn't remember their username) brought their parents here with UK visitor visa then successfully on Irish residences card here and now they brought their parents back to UK . So I posted just incase that person who brought their parents this way might see my question and could answer this how they did it. But it didn't matter now as my friend already in the process of appealing.Thanks.

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:16 pm

yes. u can. appeal take more than a year, transition agreement finish on 31 dec

Lj0123

Post by Lj0123 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Ok.. apply for UK visitor visa as a UK visitor, use that to come to Ireland and apply for residency in Ireland - which is based on the intention to live permanently in Ireland - and then use that to apply for UK and bring family also which was refused by UK when applied for directly..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:18 am

Bippin wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Because I saw some posters here quite while ago ( but I couldn't remember their username) brought their parents here with UK visitor visa then successfully on Irish residences card here and now they brought their parents back to UK . So I posted just incase that person who brought their parents this way might see my question and could answer this how they did it. But it didn't matter now as my friend already in the process of appealing.Thanks.
Here are the big issues you will face, as many others have recently.

1. To get a UK visitor visa, they have to prove they have strong ties to home country and are relatively independent. They have to prove their income, propety, family and social ties etc for example. As she has tried the settlement visa already and failed, her mom no longer qualifies for a visitor visa as her intention to settle and remain in the UK is now known.

2. They still need a visa to enter Ireland. Entering through Northern Ireland land border will mean they have no status in Republic of Ireland. Assuming the mom can get a UK visitor visa, which she won't.

3. To get the RC in Ireland, you have to prove they are dependent on the British citizen. Which they clearly aren't if they proved the opposite for a UK visitor visa, if she can get a visitor visa.

4. The UK and Irish authorities share immigration information. So you can be sure that the Irish authorities will know when RC is applied for, that the parent proved the opposite of dependence to get a UK visitor visa, if she got one. The Irish authorities will also know that the mother applied for and failed to get an adult dependent relative visa for the UK.

There are many RC for parents or extended family on the forum who have tried this and failed and stuck in limbo. Years of process and still nothing. Without the RC in Ireland, almost impossible to return to the UK as the parents won't have legal status in Ireland to apply for a family permit back to the UK. And of course the UK will see what you have tried to do, ie circumvent the UK immigration rules, which is evident as your friend has already tried and failed to apply for a settlement visa for parents and with a refused settlement visa, the parent is unlikely to get a visitor visa for the UK again anyway, that door has been shut now.

The UK and Ireland are very aware of the large scale abuse of this route by mostly newly naturalised British citizens to bring many extended and direct family from home country to the UK by visitor visa and to Ireland and then back to the UK via surinder Singh route. It certainly is substantially harder than it was a number of years ago and of course now there is brexit, which means your friend likely doesn't have enough time for this entire process to prove he has moved his centre of life to Ireland for a number of months or years, in order to move back to the UK under the EEA/EU rules with dependent family.

This whole scenario, if she tries and fails, will still keep the door shut for any future UK visitor visas for her parents, a) due to what she is trying and b) because of the failed settlement application already made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:50 pm

First,thank you for replied and yes I agree with you for most of things and already told my friend about sharing immigration between UK and IE and she honestly answered all immigration history with no lie in her mom application which now is processing under appeal. I am truly disappointed and upset for her as she has only mom left alone in home country,no one else even relatives and she has heart problems,so my friend is trying every ways and everything that she could do to bring her mom here to be with her.and if all fail , her back up plan is to move back to be near with her mom in home country with children and husband .Imagine that would be hard for her kids to integrate themselves where they don't understand a single word of language.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:29 pm

all immigration history with no lie
When we immigrate, we go to countries that offer us better chances in life, better care, more security and a places where we are happy to see our kids grow. We know that for them, life will be easier than for us. They won't have to claim asylum, they won't be refused entry, they won't fill visa forms, they won't wait anxiously for an immigration application...

But there are string attached. The horrendous price to pay...

A few years ago, I received a call about a close family member back in my country. She was ill. I got the information in the afternoon. It took me 24 hours to find a flight and rush home. They took me from the airport to a fresh grave. Her place of final rest.

Today, 2 hours ago, I received a video. My once best friend. He now weights 44 kilos (less than 7 stones). I nearly didn't recognise him. He is dying. Cancer. Spread everywhere.

In the last 30 years or so, I can't tell you how many times I saw people, had good time with them, left them with a "see you soon", just to get that dreadful call: "Oh, I want to tell you. It's a bad news...".

This is immigration. This is what you signed up for. If we go home 1 week every 2 years, it means if a person is going to die in 10 years, you are going to see that person 5 weeks in total before that person is no more.

That price you have to measure. If you have loved ones back in your country, if life is unbearable with them, pack and go live with them. Enjoy life while it's possible. One day it will be too late.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:50 pm

I do understand and deeply feeling that nightmare for you as it is happening to myself right now.My grandma is on the last stage of cancer and doctor keep telling my family at home she will not make it through ,probably 6 months or a year at most but what else I can do except ...stuck here waiting for a result of Citizenship which taking nearly a year so far on top of Brexit which maybe will jeopardise my permanent residence. Don’t know what to do to say just numb and feel like I am a prisoner inside a bar with all these immigration rules!

Best of luck for you and family .