ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancel pending EU1 application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsab85

Cancel pending EU1 application?

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:55 am

Hello together,

my wifes EU1 application got turned down, and we appealed the decission a few months back. But we are still awaiting the outcome of the appeal.

We now decided to leave Ireland, and will move within the next 2 weeks. We keep the option open to come back at a later stage (i.e. after she got her UK residence permit or after the Irish mess has been sorted out).

Should we inform them that we leave the country and cancel our application / retract the appeal, or should we just give them a new adress (a friends) and still wait for the outcome?

I am leaning towards making a clean cut and cancel our current application/appeal. What do you think?

Cheers,
DSAB85

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:39 pm

There is no reason to stop the appeal. Are you worried it might endangour future moves to Ireland?

I wouldn't care about that, they'd have long forgotten about it.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)